Chapter 1

"Skyrius deary...?" A lady said a small child. "Hm?" The child responded, looking up from her book. "What do you want for your birthday?" The lady asked. The child took a deep thought.

"My parents..."

iiBANG!!
Skye was running through the forest, trying her best to dodge the bullet being shot at her. There were men after her. She was running from them after witnessing them killing her parents. Skye was getting tired, suddenly tripping on an uproot and fell down into a rapidly flowing river. The men look down, pressuming her dead. "Come on gentlemen... We're done here." One of them said as he turned away.

Water rushed through the river, causing Skye's body to bump into rocks. She tried to swim to safety, but the river had brought her down. She passes out and defeatedly lets the river take her, unknowing where she will end up. "Hey... Is she alright...?" Skye could hear faint voices, slowly opening her eyes. Skye was immediately blinded by the light, slowly gaining vision to see trees and as well as a girl, looking down at her. "Hey! Are you alive?- I think she's dead." The girl said, with Skye hearing her properly. Skye immediately sat up, spitting out water. The girl and a boy flinch away and stood up, all shocked as Skye coughed out the remaining water out of her.

"Holy sh... She's alive!" The boy gasped. Skye groaned, looking at the two kids. She gasped and got up, weakly and dizzily trying to back away from them. "Who... Who are you!?" Skye asked, glaring at the two. "Whoa there, what's her problem?" The girl looked at the boy. The boy reached his hands out, trying to show Skye that he wasn't going to hurt her. Skye slowly calms down. "Look miss, we found you this morning in the river..." The boy said, calmly approaching Skye. 

Soon later, Skye was brought to a cabin and given new dry clothes. "You're too kind, uh, sir..." Skye thanked as she exited the cabin in a white shirt with magenta sleeves and collar. The skirt had a small Crown symbol on it. "Oh, it's okay with us. We like helping lost kids." The boy said with a friendly smile. "Lost kids?" Skye looked up and down on the boy, all confused. "It's kinda hard to explain." The boy said, driving the back of his neck. "Come with me, I'll explain where we are." The boy said, as he and Skye went over to a big tall sign. "This is Camp PAW. A camp for kids who don't have someone to take care of them." The boy explained, looking up at the sign.

"Oh... I'm sorry... So this place is technically an orphanage." Skye said. The boy nodded. "Yeah, but it's time you meet the others." The boy then grabbed Skye's hand softly and gently. Skye looked at him with innocent eyes. The two head over to a picnic area, meeting two teenagers there. "Marshall! Everest! Meet our new camp friend." The boy said, making Skye anxious. "Mm!?" The Dalmatian boy coughed on his sandwich. "Hi there!" Marshall greeted. The husky just waved hello, looking deep into Skye's eyes.
[The chapter sadly ends here. See you in the next one!]