Mustafa's rude awakening

Mustafa is a very funny man. Often it is like theater when you listen to him or see him in the street. He is a short and very fat man who, like most men in his village, is always wearing a Gallabia*.

When it is very hot in summer and it never gets really cool at night, people often sleep on the roofs of their houses or in the streets. Mustafa also likes to do so. He lies in front of his house with others sleeping deeply and peacefully. One morning, however, he did not wake up as usual because the sun had reached his sleeping place. That morning he was shaken awake very violently by his elderly father. The old man was very excited, scolded Mustafa terribly and tugged at his gallabia.

Mustafa wasn't really awake yet and didn't understand why his father was so upset and obviously very angry. Especially today, when he had slept particularly well because he had been pleasantly cool. But when his eyes met his gallabia, he understood everything: his father's excitement and why he had felt so fresh. The wind had picked up during the night and had blown Mustafa's gallabia a little too high.

And so he lay there early in the morning on the street in front of his house and showed more than he and everyone else wanted to see.

*Traditional Egyptian robe for men