Chapter 40

Lucas:

Where did I put it?

It only ever leaves my wallet when I need to use it and that hasn't happened since a few days ago. I haven't removed it since then.

I take out my phone and text Angel.

Me:
Did you take my credit card?

Angel:
Not recently. Why?

Me:
I can't find it

Angel:
Maybe it was the princess

Me:
You really think her little conscience is capable of that?

Angel:
Who knows? Maybe my charms have taken ahold of her and she's turned to the dark side

Me:
Shut the fuck up. I'm being serious. You really think she could do it?

Angel:
Maybe.

I hesitate before typing again.

Me:
She stayed over last night

Angel:
Come a-fucking-gain?

Me:
You heard me

Angel:
And you just so happened to forget to tell me about this?

Me:
I couldn't. There was no signal

Angel:
There was in the fucking morning

Me:
I was occupied.

Angel:
Occupied as in...

Me:
We didn't fuck.

I don't want to be talking about this right now but I can't let him get the wrong idea and bring it up around her. Not that he would actually believe that we did, so soon anyway. Perhaps if it was another girl, but certainly not her.

Angel:
Shame

Me:
Can we get back to the point of the conversation now?

Angel:
No.

This idiot.

Angel:
Did you sleep in the same bed?

Me:
If I tell you, will you drop it?

Angel:
Sure

Me:
I let her sleep in my bed while I took the next room but then she had a nightmare so I went in to check on her and we ended up sleeping together .

Angel:
🤨...

I roll my eyes and begin to type my response when his incoming call appears on my screen.

"I already told you we didn't fuck." I sigh and make my way up the stairs to the second floor of my room.

"But you slept in the same bed."

"Yes." I flick my phone onto one of the sofas and start rifling through my clothes, when I realise something and swear under my breath.

"What?" He questions.

"She left wearing my clothes."

There is silence for a beat and then his voice fills the space.

"You gave her your clothes?"

"So?" My voice is sharp and he knows why.

"Holy fuck, dude." There is both equal parts amusement and awe in his tone.

"It's not a big deal."

"Yes it is. Especially for you."

"Well, what do you want me to fucking say?" I throw my hands up and then let them hit my thighs.

"Nothin'." He answers and I can hear the wide smile on his face. "I don't want you to say a single thing, my pussy-whipped friend."

"I'm hanging up now."

"God, okay, fine, I'll stop."

"Good, dog."

"Fuck off."

I bite my lip, thoughts travelling back to my credit card when I get a notification.

I pick up my phone and inspect the message. Apparently, I've just spent a good amount of money at Louis Vuitton.

Wicked little thing.

"She did it." I breathe.

"What?" Angel questions from the other line.

"She actually did it."

"Fuck off. You serious?" He sounds entirely too excited to be on my side.

"I'm positive."

"Act like the innocent flower but be the serpent under't."

"Okay, could you not quote Shakespeare right now?"

"Why not? I thought the line was quite fitting actually-"

"Because this is a serious fucking situation and I'd like to talk to someone who is actually fully present in the conversat-"

"You want fully present? How about you get your pampered ass over to her and speak to the little criminal herself?-"

"How about you take all the shit out of your mouth and shove it up your-"

A ringing sounds in my ears and I glance at my phone again to see that my mother is calling.

"I believe the word you're looking for is ass."

"Shut the fuck up. My mom's calling."

"Ooh, let her join this one, I haven't talked to her in a while-"

I hang up on him and accept my mother's call.

Sorry for the short chapter. I had to split it with the next one.

How do you think Lucas will go about confronting Della?
Or if he will at all?