(G)I-DLE Yuqi - Sleeping [Happy] Pill

Genre: fluff
Prompt: Song Yuqi from (G)I-DLE, but she’s just a tired floomph who can’t sleep, so you try every method you know to get her to sleep well (which naturally ends up in a cute cuddling sesh)

----------------------------

"Shit! Why can't I sleep?!" She twists and turns, trying every sleeping position possible but none of them seem to work.

You had just gotten out of the shower. Today was a busy day, but now you can finally relax. You make your way to the living room to watch some Netflix. However you can hear a bed shaking and some subtle grunting through the wall behind you. Then suddenly, a loud thump. It came from your room, so you check inside.

"Yuqi, are you ok?"

"Oppa," she cries out, "I'm tired but I can't sleep."

You rush to help her up. While guiding her to bed, you ask, "Have you taken your vitamins already?"

"Yes."

"And have you taken a shower already?"

"Yes."

"How about your eye mask? Where is it?"

"It's still wet from laundry. Oppa, I tried everything." She pouts because she doesn't know what to do.

Her natural cuteness gets the best of you. Seeing her puppy eyes, you instinctively sit beside her and wrap an arm around her. "You'll be okay, Yuqi-ya. Just relax."

You lay down with her. With an arm still wrapped around, you bring her closer to you so her head lays on your shoulder. Maybe a quick cuddle will do the trick.

"Oppa, I really, really tried everything. All the techniques to fall asleep—breathing exercises, ASMR, counting sheep. None of them worked!"

"Mhmm," you mutter. She lies on her back by rolling away. Her bickering continues.

"I tried different positions, too! I was on my back, on my belly, on my side. I even tried going upside down with my butt against the wall, but I tipped over!"

"Ah, that's why I found you on the ground."

"Yeah. I just don't get it, oppa!"

"Mhm." You feel fatigue settling in.

"I'm so tired! My body tells me I have to sleep but it doesn't want to." Her voice is growing louder, but to you it's fading out. "My eyes feel heavy, but my heartbeat isn't slowing down, but the more I think about not sleeping, it goes faster! It doesn't make sense, oppa! It doesn't make…sense."

She turns to you to see that you have drifted off to sleep. Realizing she's not talking to anyone conscious, she goes quiet, lying on your arm. She looks at you once more, sleeping peacefully after a tiring day. She places an arm over you and buries her face on your shoulder. Soon enough, she drifts off to sleep as well.