Part XI: Well Deserved Rest

Sun sighs, sinking to the floor. The exhaustion of having to deal with all those children alone was well worth it as long as Y/N was getting enough rest up in his room.

Speaking of, Sun did a quick clean of the daycare before he headed back up to the castle decoration. As he hoped, you were fast asleep in the pile of plush toys. Sun sighed and sat down next to the pile, resting his head on his knees and cocking it to the side. His machinery buzzed in his chest as she watched you peacefully sleeping.

He'd never felt like this before. What was it? Why did you make him feel dizzy every time you flashed that adorable smile at him? Every time you referred to him as human in any sort of way?

That's probably how people felt when they had a best friend, Sun never knew that feeling. 

You stirred in your sleep, making him jump just a little. Sun leaned over and adjusted some of the plush toys that were lying over you. Sun yawned just as he heard the sounds of the lights outside beginning to shut off. "See you in the morning, Sunflower" He mumbled to himself as the tiny room went dark.

Moon blinked a few times as he adjusted. He was in his and Sun's room, and next to him...

Moon jumped. He didn't expect Y/N to be there, fast asleep, right beside him. They looked peaceful, and exhausted. How long has they been up here sleeping? Sun answered that for him. "They were exhausted this morning. I took them up here and made them sleep" Sun's voice yawned in Moon's head.

Moon cocked his head, watching your chest steadily rise and fall with your breath. You stirred again, a little more this time. Moon chuckled as plush toys flew away from you. He leaned over and began to clean them up.

But then, you stirred again. This time, you shuffled over and the plush toys under you parted way, and you landed right in Moon's lap. He jumped backward and hit his head against the back wall. He held his arms away from you, blinking in shock. He felt his wiring begin to burn in his face and chest. What was happening??

He sat there exactly like that for quite a while before Moon's arms got stiff and he lowered them, though he still tried to keep them as far away from you as possible. He didn't want to hurt you.

☽☽☽

Your eyes fluttered open, still a little bit heavy from sleep. The room was dark, other than the red glow above you. You stirred, and that's when you realised that there was a large hand on your hand. Upon your movement, Moon jumped and flung his hand away and snapped his eyes to you. "You're awake" he stated.

You blink up at him, the ghost of his hand still lingering on your waist. He must have had it there for quite a while. You see a faint red glow under Moon's cheeks, and he quickly flicks his head away from you. "Sorry, there's not a lot of space I can fit these" He waggles his long fingers to make his point.

You don't argue. Not because you think that was a good argument, it was a shit one, you just... didn't want to. "What time is it?" You groan, pushing yourself upright. That's when you realise you had been laying in Moons lap. Your eyes snap to him, wide and your face burning. Moon raises his hands defensively. "Don't look at me! You moved there yourself!"

You scurry away from him a little, covering your burning face with your hand. That was embarrassing. Moon coughs. "It's 3 in the morning".

Your eyes widen even more, and you'd be worried about them popping out of your skull if there weren't a billion other things happening right now. "WHAT?!" You shout, "why didn't you wake me up??"

"I used to be the naptime attendant, I can tell when someone needs sleep. You were exhausted today, you needed rest"

You opened your mouth to retort, but you couldn't think of anything to throw back. "I need to go, I have an angry cat at home and I'm due back at work in three hours" You sigh, heaving yourself up and walking towards the front.