XIII: SLEEPOVER

warning
mention of weight and implied eating disorder. the theme isn't as strong as the last chapter, but i feel like its mentioned enough need a warning. there's one conversation about it and then the chapter continues as normal.

"Should we tell them?" Tristan whispered to Aria, looking over at their friends who they were sat a few metres away from in the park.

"What do we say?" Aria asked.

"I don't know, surprise we're dating?"

"Okay."

The two walked over to the rest of the group, sitting down next to each other.

"Guys-" Tristan began, before Aria interrupted him.

"We're dating," she said.

"We were supposed to be surprising them, not me," Tristan said, surprised at Aria's bluntness.

"I wanted to get it out."

"I bet Brady already knew," Mason rolled his eyes as Brady nodded.

"He always knows something," Miguel said, "Always."

"I'm happy for you guys," Becca said.

"Me too," Maddy agreed.

Tristan held Aria's hand, finally feeling like he didn't need to hide it. It felt weird, though. As if he'd hand had gotten smaller. He looked down, noticing she wasn't wearing rings like she usually did. "Where are your rings?" He asked.

"They don't fit," Aria said casually before turning back to the group and continuing her conversation.

Tristan's eyebrows furrowed. He wanted to mention Aria's new eating habits to her, but he didn't know how without causing an argument. He could tell it would make her upset.

He stayed quiet for the rest of the day, until it was time to go home. "Come to my place?" Tristan asked Aria.

"Sure," Aria said, "Can we got to my house so I can pack a bag, first?"

Tristan nodded. He wrapped him arm around Aria's waist. He felt her tense up for s split second. "Do you want me to get off?" He asked. Aria shook her head.

Once Aria had been to her house snd packed a bag, they went back to Tristan's. They watched The Notebook in his bed. Aria looked up at Tristan once the movie had ended. "Are you crying to the Notebook? Tristan, that's was twelve year old girls and thirty year old divorcees do."

"Being a divorcee at thirty is embarrassing."

"So is crying to The Notebook."

"Remember that time you sent me pictures of you crying because Frankie died in Monster High?"

"Shut up, that was sad. She was like, my childhood."

"She came back to life!"

"How do you know that? I didn't tell you that."

"Shut up."

"That's so cute."

"You're cuter."

Tristan pulled Aria into him, cuddling her. He could feel that she'd got thinner. His facial expression became a mixture of sadness and worry. "What's up?" Aria asked.

"Nothing. I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick," Tristan said, grabbing his phone and heading to the bathroom, leaving Aria confused. He locked the door and texted Brady. He wanted to text Tatum, but he didn't wanna interrupt her date with Miguel.