Chapter Fourteen. Never Turn Around

// So... here's another one! So for the first short bit of the chapter please make sure to listen to the song, I actually believe it goes well with the words... but, your choice!

ENJOY! //

Mathew was just lying there with his girlfriend next to him, the needle in the floor, between them. He couldn't hear what the boy was saying he was only listening to the sound of the music coming from the stereo. He was lost in the music, in his mind he was falling, the voice in the song had his head spinning and the echo made his already overexcited mind go even faster. He had wanted to keep the kid away from that but he his girlfriend insisted they could get really good money for a kid like that, and they needed the money. At least Mathew was tired of watching his girl sell herself for a little bit of that precious white stuff.

He tried to get out of it, but he was too deep in too deep and now he needed it to function. He no longer had a choice, although he wished his girlfriend did... at least for a while, to give that child a chance...

As the effect ran out he felt grumpy, she was still on the floor, blacked out and in the meantime he had to check on the boy.

Mathew stepped into the dirty hallway and opened the door to the small filthy room in which the kid was. He found little Henry on the floor, playing with his Thor and Loki plastic toys; completely oblivious to the situation.

"Hey kid, you hungry?" He knelt down and looked at the kid as he didn't stop playing but nodded. "Come on." He straightened up and made the boy follow him. Henry dropped the Loki figure and walked behind Mathew until they reached the stairs, where he cried out and pulled at the young man's pants.

"Help me?" He asked politely, which Mathew didn't notice, to him this was just annoying as he didn't understand what the kid wanted him to do, not until he reached out and grabbed his hand with his eyes still on his tired face.

"You don't know how to walk down a flight of stairs, kid?" He asked as he walked with him down to the kitchen. Henry shook his head.

"Mommy says I'm a bit clumsy." Henry said, making Mathew chuckle.

They reached the kitchen and Mathew let go of the kid's hand before he went to the refrigerator.

"You sit; I'll see what food we have for you, kid."

***

Izzy already had a plan when Bill stopped the car outside the doctor's office. She turned to Bill and spoke quickly.

"I'll go on my own, wait five minutes and then you go in there and ask to see the doctor, show your badge and everything." Izzy said and opened the car door.

"No wait," Bill reached out and closed the door again, "what are you going to do? I can't let you go in there without knowing."

"It's unlikely that Doctors show us their records and we need to know the exact date she was here, so I'm going in there; you know he shares the waiting room with his wife?" Bill nodded. They'd made a call earlier, right after they found Caroline Jensen's blood test results and apparently Doctor Francis Malcom and his wife shared a waiting room, although it seemed weird since he was an oncologist and his wife was an obstetrician. "I will ask to see the doctor and then I'll just ask to go to the bathroom, then I'll sneak into his office, you must ask for him when I send you a text so I can look around!"

"What if he wants to talk in his office?" Bill wondered.

"No, he won't want that, trust me. Wait for my text."