Chapter Twenty Two. In-love enemies

// Alright so we keep going!

GET READY FOR FEELINGS and stuff! //

Bill had been especially rude the past few days, Tom noticed but he didn't want to point it out since he knew it had something to do with Izzy's sudden decision of going ahead with marrying Philip after putting Bill's hopes up. It was indeed a shitty move but Tom didn't want to say anything as Emma had advised him to do.

Another thing that didn't help either was that they had failed to take Henry Jensen back to his parents after they had paid the money to the man that took him, which made then believe the kid might be dead, but they couldn't tell the parents since Caroline Jensen was about to undergo a procedure to help her with her Leukaemia. Tom's brother had a lot on his plate right now, but apparently he didn't know where to start.

Georg was in his office, Tom knew it, he'd seen him come in earlier, before Bill got to the station but he might have been busy because he hadn't gone to talk to Bill yet, which was weird, they always talked about their cases and made up theories together so it was strange that Supervisor Listing was taking this long to get on the move with the blonde.

"Have you seen Listing?" Bill turned around in his chair and asked him, he nodded and shrugged.

"He's in his office, right?" He pointed to the small hall to the right; that was where their superior's office was.

"I need a word with him..." Bill turned around and got up from his chair; Tom watched him but said nothing and went back to work.

He opened the door without knocking, not expecting to see those two in there. She was in there looking slightly tan and a little nervous as she was cut off midsentence by him. Bill's jaw tightened and he looked away from her after he realized he had been staring. Georg looked between the two of them.

"I will go find that list..." Georg said as he walked out of the office. "It's good to have you back." He smiled at her as he walked past her.

There was silence for a few moments as Bill tried his best to ignore her as he sat in one of the two chairs in front of Georg's desk. She kept taking glances at him, not sure of how to proceed with him. It made her so incredibly happy to get to see him after almost a month. She needed to talk to him now that Georg had told her about the newest issues with the Jensen kid's case. She let out a sight and turned to look at him; his head was bowed down as he held the yellow folder in his hands and read it over.

"I have to talk to you, we-" She started, but he cut her off by speaking without raising his head or glancing at her. He kept his head bowed as he read, but the words kept coming out of his mouth, hurtful.

"Don't." He had said. "You could have told me, Mrs. Parker." He turned the page. "Guess you used me as much as you could, huh?" She frowned.

"I didn't-I never used you-I..." She whispered, but Bill chuckled as he lifted his head and smiled up at the ceiling.

"Well, that's funny because I did." He knew exactly where to push so he'd hurt her the most with his words, but he didn't realize at what extent those words would poison her.

"But I did this because-" Bill was so angry at her he didn't listen as she spoke with the shyness showing through her voice.

"Twice, I think you were stupid enough twice." Bill smiled bitterly at himself, feeling that sickening happiness of hurting her back, the way she had hurt him. "Two good fuc-" He was cut off by Elizabeth's hand going for contact with his cheek, but he held her wrist before she could touch him. "What now? Are you gonna hit me, Elizabeth? Doesn't Mrs. Philip Parker like being used? I mean...Joseph, Mark... I bet Philip will do it too if you give him the chance!" She pulled at her hand as he mocked her bitterly.