Cock-A-Doodle-Do

Here I am. Still sitting in this very uncomfortable chair at the flight school in between Mr. Hyper (Fanboy) and Mr. Scared (Bob) with an added appearance of Mr. Jerky (Hangman).

I grabbed my phone and looked at a few meaningless videos, when the rest of these idiots walked in.

Leading this next group, walked in a semi-confident young man who wore a Hawaiian shirt and aviators with an Apple Watch. He had light brown hair and had a golden brown tinge to his skin tone from being out in the sun too much.

Next, came a very confident boy, with his chest puffed out. He had a nice button down. And the cologne he wore instantly in fumigated the tiny waiting room.

Last but not least, walked in the most cocky out of all of us there. He wore tight jeans (inappropriately tight, might I add) and a shirt that cling to his sweaty body. I rolled my eyes at the new group.

"Guys! These here are your fellow pilots!" Glenn said as he shook each boys hand. They turned their attention to us.

"Well Glenn, I'm sure we'll love 'em!" Mr. Tight Jeans said as he looked at me square in the eyes and winked. I rolled my eyes.

Hangman stood up first, I guess he had to stand his dominance. Ugh. Testosterone.

"How you doin, buddy? I'm Doug Jones." Hangman said as he shook the sweaty boy's hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jim Jackson." He said as he kept breaking his glance to look at me.

"What Doug meant to say was that we call him Hangman!" Fanboy spoke up with excitement and he stood to his feet.

"They call me Fanboy by the way! But my real name is Nick Chase!" Jim rolled his eyes.

"Good to meet you, Fanboy." He said dryly.

"I'm Bob. Hangman's brother." Bob spoke up as he stood to shake his hand.

"Are you older or??" Jim asked.

"Younger. By a year. Hangman's 16 and I'm 15." Bob said happily.

"Ohhhhh. And who are you?!" Jim asked surprised.

"First off: I'm not here for some support for any of them. Second: I'm not anyones sister. Third: I'm becoming a pilot just like you guys are and my name is Gracie 'Phoenix' Shepherd." I said as I didn't extend my hand for him to shake it. He looked at me shocked while the other two chuckled at him behind his back.

"Okay..." Jim said as shocked as he could be.

"Now, it's not about Jim now is it fellas? What's your names?" I asked the two behind him.

"Oh! I'm Henry Wilfred! My dad went to the actual Top Gun school back in the day." Henry said confidently. I slowly nodded my head, not too amused at the Son of a Gun.

"Good to meet ya. I'm Phoenix." I said as I shook his hand.

He moved along and went with the others to go sit down.

"And you? You ain't told me your name now have you?" I said to the Hawaiian shirt fella. He perked up and removed his aviators.

"I'm Jack Mason. Pretty impressive how you put Jim in his place."

"Thanks. When you're a girl in aviation, everyone thinks you're someone's sister or daughter or even granddaughter. I'm Phoenix by the way. You boys better prepare for your Top Gun: Maverick call sign."

"Yeah. I hope it ain't Coyote."

"Oh I have plans to give that one to someone else, don't you worry."

I patted Jack on the back and turned to the 6 seated boys. 3 who were without call signs.

"Alright boys! It's your turn for your call signs." I said as I motioned for Fanboy to stand up.

"Fanboy, let's give Jim Coyote since he's also a jerk." Fanboy nodded as I said that in his ear.

"Jim Jackson! Coyote is your new call sign!" I said as I laughed. He shook his head as he sat down.

I turned back to Fanboy.

 "Son of a Gun is Payback!" Fanboy said with excitement in my ear. I nodded.

"Exactly what I was thinking, Fanboy."

Fanboy turned back to everyone.

"Henry Wilfred! Is Payback!!!" Fanboy said as he jumped up and down. Henry raised his fists in victory.

"Last but not least is Rooster. And we have a Hawaiian shirt wearing boy perfect for it!" I said as whispered to Fanboy who excitedly nodded.

"Last but not least, Jack Mason is Rooster!" I said as I looked at him straight in the eyes and he laughed.

Now that that was done with, all we had to do is wait a little longer our principal to get here.