Chapter 7: Luz

"Luz?" The orange-sand dragon said happily, her wings fluttering up and her tail swishing across the sand, making it fly up. "Luz, I missed you!" Sundrop then tackled Luz playfully, hugging her softly. "S-Sundrop?" Luz stuttered, completely shocked. "H-how?"  "Burn captured me, and kept me locked up in her dungeon." Sundrop explained, putting her tail on her back talons. Luz just stood there, in her palms, and her mouth opened. After a few moments, she started to cry, and wrap her arms around Sundrop's arm, crying into her. 

"Luz?" WIllow asked, stepping a bit closer to the two. "Who's this?" Zander stepped closer too, with a spear in his hand. "Luz, step away from the dragon, now." He commanded, stepping even closer to Luz and Sundrop. Luz wiped her tears off her eyes and turned to see Zander. "You do NOT command ME, Zander White." She commanded back. "I am your leader, not your pawn. " Sundrop flew up, growling at Zander. The man gulped and put his spear down, backing away. He then nodded and didn't say anything else. 

The hybrid dragon flipped back down, landing beside Luz. "Well, it looks like we have a ride to save Mamá," Luz said, patting Sundrops arm. "And Zander," Zander put his head up to look at Luz. "You will stay here. We will talk later." He nodded, and walked back to the den, his head low. Gus raised his hand, catching Luz's attention. "Yes, Gus?" She raised an eyebrow, climbing atop of Sundrop. "Can I also stay here? Protect the den from any other dragons?" Luz thought for a moment, then nodded. 

Gus nodded back, then ran back, passing Zander. Luz smiled a bit at Gus, then sat down on the hybrid's back. Sundrop put her tail down, letting Willow, Boscha, and Eda on. "Let's go save Camila," Eda called out, putting her hand on Luz's shoulder. The brown-haired girl nodded, and patted Sundrop's neck, letting her know to fly. 

After a couple of moments of flying across the dunes, Luz saw a building, a fortress. It somewhat looked like the Scavenger Den, but with spikes on it, with severed dragon heads on the spikes. She shuddered from the sight of those. "Hey," Willow said, putting her hand on Luz's shoulder, calming her. She smiled at the green-haired girl and looked back at the fortress, now not shuddering at the spikes and the heads. "Thanks, Wil," Luz nodded. Willow put her hand down, tightening her grip on the dragons' spike so that she doesn't fall off. 

Sundrop suddenly stopped when a mysterious figure flew in front of her, spooking the orange-sand colored dragon. "What in all the moons do you think you are doing, Sundrop?" The voice hissed, waving her barbed tail around. Sundrop rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at the dark sand colored dragon. "Nothing, Lightchaser," She said with a annoyed tone. "I was-" "Helping Scavengers?" Lightchaser looked at the four humans, Luz and Eda holding their spears up, and Boscha hiding behind Willow, who was protecting the pink-haired girl. "Bleh, annoying pests. Anyways, you are not going to Burn's den," She explained, pointing at the fortress. "You are coming with me, back to the RainForest, where you'll be safe. The Scavengers will be completely fine," "Their my friends, Lightchaser!" Sundrop whined, putting her palm to her chest. "And just because you're my friend, doesn't mean you're my mother," She said that last word with venom, as if she didn't like her mother. 

Lightchaser sighed, her tail going down and her talon up to her left temple, scratching it as she was confused. "Alright, alright, but I'm coming with you, because your parents will kill me if you're injured." She said in an apologetic tone. "Thank you, Lightchaser," Sundrop gave the dark sand colored dragon a big smile, and grabbed her hand with hers, tugging her to come along. Lightchaser nodded and flapped her wings, catching wind to stay up in the air. "You ready, Luz?" Sundrop asked the brown haired scavenger, who nodded and hugged Sundrop. 

"Yeah, I am."

~

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I got sick, and the medicine just made me very tired. So yeah, here's this chapter! Also, Lightchaser was inspired by @LightchaserTheDragon !

So credits to you, sis!

Hope you liked this chapter, and stay safe!

K0M0D0DRAG0N923