Chapter One : Insomnia and No Appetite

It was around 5:30am and Alex still hasn't slept. He was sat on his bed, headphones blasting while editing his newly filmed video. Recently his views had been going down massively, going from a million too barely scraping 40k if he was lucky. He was exhausted, yet determined to keep on editing, he had to get this video perfect, or else he would be a failure. Every one of his mates, like George, Will and even James were gaining subscribers and becoming more and more successful by the day. Even Wills and George's second channels had more subscribers than Alex's main. Analytics shouldn't have this much affect on him, they were only numbers, right? Wrong. To Alex they meant everything. Every night this week he had spent staying up and trying to find ways to grow his numbers, but nothing ever worked, no matter how long he stayed up, lost in his own thoughts.

'Maybe it's time to put this whole YouTube things to rest?' Alex thought, but quickly shook it away. YouTube was all he had, even if (in his opinion) he was shit at it. He couldn't quit, what would he do instead? Work down in Tesco's? Nah. 

Giving up on the video he was attempting to edit, he got up and left his room. As he walked around his shared flat, still wearing his clothes from the previous day (black joggers with his iconic internet sensation hoodie), he looked in the cupboards for something to eat then realised he'd lost his appetite, despite his grumbling stomach. Wait... when did he last eat? Never mind, it doesn't matter. Closing the cupboard door he turned around and jumped at the sight of George stood there.
"Holy shit mate, when did you get there?" He asked tiredly, rubbing his eyes which held huge bags underneath.
"I heard banging and wanted to make sure we weren't being robbed." His roommate shrugged, "Anyways where have you been the past week?"
"What?" Alex paused. "Oh, I've been editing my videos."
"For a whole week?" George questioned, confused.
"Yeah, trying to get my views up to the old days." He laughed tiredly.
"Oh, okay mate, just don't overwork yourself, you're going well with your YouTube stuff don't stress about it."
"I won't don't worry, I might just go back to bed now." Alex says, abandoning his initial mission to get food,walking past George and heading back to his lonely room.

Alex climbed back onto his bed and opened his computer, instantly getting blinded by the bright screen. He opened the page and for about ten minutes carried on editing until he felt himself starting to fall asleep. Another ten minutes went by and he finally decided to get some rest, climbing under his covers and cuddling up. He closed his eyes and finally slept for the first time in around three days.