Chapter 7: 'Friends'

Y/N's POV:

I walked around the market looking for a new mask. I would just go get it back from the Golde- Hunter, but I don't want to have any weird encounters with him. Everyone has already seen my face so I don't see the point. Also, NO ONE SELLS MASKS! And no one runs away? I have been trying to cover my face with my hood but I'm doing a terrible job.

I gave up on the mask and walked over to what looked like a school. I walked to the field and watched some kids that looked about my age practicing for flyer derby. It seems fun but it's not for me. As I was watching a girl popped up beside me.

"You...Wanna join my flyer derby team?" She asked.

"Umm, maybe. I would have to think about it though." I did kind of want to join.

"Here!" She hands me a flyer. "By the way I'm Willow! And if you're not busy, do you want to hang around and watch us practice? You can meet the team and see how fun flyer derby is." She looked excited about this whole flyer derby thing.

"Sure! I'm Y/N..." I answer because I have nothing else to do. She grabbed my hand and took me to where everyone was practicing. I watched them for a few minutes when someone walked out from behind me. Hunter!?

"Caleb!" Willow shrieks. Caleb? "We might have someone new on the teammm!" She tells him and he takes a quick look at me. "Pretty eyes, huh?" Willow whispers but loud enough for me to hear her.

"Yeah...really pretty eyes." Hunter, or should I say, Caleb, agrees. He winks at me then flies off on his staff. He is on the flyer derby team!? I don't think much of it but it's a little bit weird. Hunter is not known for making friends. I'm still happy for him.

I stayed till it was time for their game. I mean our game. Willow convinced me to join the team. I think the other members knew that Hunter and I knew each other. We were both avoiding each other. Willow brought out some green paint and a uniform for me. I got dressed and we all put green paint on our faces.

It was time for the game. We were kicking abomination ass until. "Woops, my hand slipped." The other team leader said. HE CHEATED! Just then Willows's staff was pushed out from under her by a tall abomination. She handed Hunter her flags right before she fell. Thankfully Willow made a plant to catch her. Hunter had three flags but a person from the other team was coming right at him. I pushed Hunter forward to give him a boost so the person hit me instead.

Hunter put the last flags on the pole and...WE WON! Hunter landed so I ran over and dumped punch all over him.

"YEAH!"

"WOOOHOOO!!!"

"WW DID IT!"

We all cheered.

"May I please have your team name?" The other captain asked.

"Shoot, we never thought of a name." Willow worried.

"The...EMERALD ENTRAILS!" I shout without thinking. They all turn to me. Darn it. "You know because we're green and there's more to us than...you think..?" I had to come up with it.

"ENTRAILS ENTRAILS ENTRAILS ENTRAILS!" Everyone cheers, except Hunter. He probably just didn't like it.

"Entrails team photo! We're number oneeee!" Willow screamed as she took a selfie.

"I can't believe I almost bailed on you guys, today was amazing! Thanks for giving me another shot." Hunter says, and he looks so happy, then he looks and me...and that happiness turns to sadness. But he straightens himself up again.

"It's always nice making a new friend! I had an opening for one..." A team member says and looks at a guy from another team.

"We wouldn't have gotten here without you," Willow says.