Ch 14

Over the next two weeks Taeyang has helped me with my heat and has been staying over every night to make me more comfortable he having been sleeping in the nest with me and Lawson so I feel safe. He also tried really hard to get time off for my heat and luckily did while I've been looking at preschools for Lawson I finally having found one nearby but the principal of the little school called wanting to do a trial run of Lawson going to the school for a day to see how well he interacts with others the only appointment available today. Feeling like I'm okay enough and am safely way past my heat I put on some scent blockers just incase before I grab Lawson and walk him to the preschool it looking a lot fancier than the other preschools or daycares he's been to before. Walking into the school the principal Ms Kim greets us she leading us to a classroom where there's a bunch of young kids in uniforms playing and a very pretty woman a little older than me seems to be looking out for them. "This is Ms Nashimuta's class where if accepted your son will be placed." I nod watching as Lawson runs off to play with a little girl while Ms Kim leads me out of the class and into a large office I taking a seat in front of a large desk. "Now mr Park tell me about you and your son." I give a little smile. "Well we just moved here from Australia almost a year ago and live in a little apartment near FNC entertainment. Lawson is four years old and very good with others and is hardly difficult so I think he'll behave well here." She nods then looks curious. "Where do you work currently?" I shift a little. "I'm temporarily between jobs and right now I edit pictures for a few entertainment companies." She hums before asking the question I always dread. "And the boys other father?" I immediately frown. "He doesn't have one. I'm his only father." She immediately gives me a judgmental disapproving look. "We usually only accept applicants who have two parents. But I think I'll make a slight bending of the rules just this once. Now we need a list of people allowed to bring to, visit or pick your son up from school." I nod immediately writing down Chan, the stray kids members, Taeyang and the Sf9 members. Once finished I'm dismissed and I go to grab Lawson leading him back home he a lot more quiet than usual. When we get home he runs off to his room immediately making me frown with worry. I quickly go to his door and knock on it before peeking my head in. "Hey bud what's wrong?" He just shrugs not saying anything and I frown moving further into the room. "You wanna talk about it?" He shakes his head and turns his back to me making me feel a little hurt but I decide to leave him alone walking out of the room and to the living room where I take a seat feeling sad. I'm so lost in thought that I don't hear the door open and jump when Taeyang rests his chin on my shoulder and kisses my cheek. "What's got you frowning and thinking so hard?" I look at him pitifully. "Lawson's upset about something but won't talk to me or say anything." He immediately frowns before giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Let me talk to him." I slowly nod and watch as he heads into the bedroom.

(Taeyang's Pov)

Heading into the small bedroom I see the little boy sitting in the floor hugging his stuffed fox against his chest. Frowning I walk over and take a seat beside him. "Hey bud. I heard your upset." He shrugs and I shift a little so I'm facing him. "You wanna tell me what's going on? It might make you feel better." He's quiet for a moment before he says softly. "The other kids were laughing and making fun of me because I don't have two parents." I immediately feel my heart ache and I give him a reassuring look. "There's nothing wrong with having one parent bud. Your daddy loves you very much and you have your uncle Chan and your uncles in stray kids." He looks up at me curiously. "What about you?"I give him a confused look. "What about me bud?" He tilts his head at me. "Well you take care of me and daddy. You make sure both of us are happy and safe. Your kinda like another daddy. Like an appa." I give him a look of surprise before I smile and ruffle his hair. "If you wanna call me that then sure I'll happily be your appa." He grins at me happily. "Does this mean I get more uncles?" I can't help but chuckle. "Yeah bud you get eight more uncles." He cheers and I smile my heart feeling full then see the time it a little past his bedtime. "Bed time bud." I stand up before scooping him up and carry him to his car bed gently tucking him in. He smiles at me sleepily mumbling a "night night appa" as he falls asleep I quietly getting up and head into the living room where Shade gives me a worried look I smiling reassuringly. "Is he okay?" I give a little nod. "Yeah he was bullied for having one dad." I see the heartbreak in his eyes and take his hand feeling bad. "But I assured him that having one dad is nothing to be ashamed of and then he made a point by saying that I'm basically his appa by now." Shade gives me a look of surprise. "Are you okay with that?" I smile and nod. "Yep I'm perfectly okay with that. I'm happy to be apart of this little family." He smiles at me happily as we sit on the couch cuddling each other happy and content.

End