[ 2 ] This Isn't College-

You'd been out of consciousness, dazed, defeated, and confused as your brain began to wake you up to your new, cold surroundings.

Your head ached, sending high-pitched ringing through your ears as your (e/c) eyes were being burned by a very luminescent bar light. A bruise embedded itself in your skin, stinging as you gently touched the rough spot.

Squinting in reduced pain, you stared at the ground, noticing you were in a place of metal and cleanliness, like a hospital room made ready for the next patient. An iron cage with the loneliness of a dead, stone-cold recovery room. A sort of energy gate blocked your only way out. You were overwhelmed.

Your gasp in surprise echoed about the small room as a door opened, sliding to the side as a figure far from the light made himself quiet. The individual was shorter than his three robot guards that came forwards instead. They stood in a row to the side, allowing passage to you.

And when the figure stepped forwards, it was all black and brown fur, a trenchcoat hiding a body full of scars. Piercing orange eyes trailed from the ground to meet yours...

Wolf-

You tried to control your breathing, but the intensity and seriousness of the situation was so much for your frightened body...

Something had to be done or you would explode, so you put that power to your speech, pressing your kidnapper, "Why are you doing this- what do you want from me? I don't have- any sort of value to you? I'm just a poor college student!-"

"Oh really..." His voice was menacing, deep and stoic with a hidden rasp behind each word. (I like to imagine Silco from Arcane). "As far as I'm concerned, you're a member of those pesky freedom fighters that try so dearly, in vane, to stop me." He laughed when he mocked their failure, keeping his fiery eyes on you.

"I don't know what you're talking about-" you growled at him, your ears going down in a mix of fear and aggression. "I'm not tied to any of those people, I didn't even know they were in Sunset City."

Wolf raised his hand and dismissed the three robots, keeping quiet as he thought about your statement...

He crossed his arms and approached your cell, but stayed far enough out of arm's reach as he noticed you were becoming weary... Smiling a toothy smile, he tilted his head. "Regardless, I can make use of you in my tests. Don't worry, they aren't too unorthodox."

Instant panic ensued. 'Unorthodox?-...'

You were left by the Wolf in fear as he turned tail and walked out of the door, stopping to look back with a sharp gaze, "See you tonight, (Y/n)." Before he was gone and the door was shut behind him...

The lights dimmed, the sound of the energized bars enclosing your cell hummed. Spitting erupted from the ceiling, as if lawn sprinklers were being turned on. But as you looked up, it was nothing worse than the horror of water for a cat. Gas- green with a shimmer of electric turquoise that slowly began to float down to your level.

"Oh no-" You frantically shooed away the gas, assuming it was some sort of sleeper agent. No no, you couldn't let this happen to you. You searched, eyes darting to any detail in the room. A crack, a dent in the iron.

You looked at the electric bars that shielded you in.

'It's do or die.' You decided that if this killed you, at least it was better than suffocation and experimentation.

Life seemed to stand still, like that classic life-changing or ending moment in a movie. You ran up towards the back wall, jumping off it to generate the built up energy like a spring, and closed your eyes as you barred straight towards the electricity.

Desperately you tried not to scream and alert any nearby security as you successfully landed outside the electric shield. You fell to the ground seizing, clutching your chest as you slid a few feet. Everything shook and twitched uncomfortably as you calmed down from the overload. It was all muscle work as your mental mainframe practically felt fried.

Your fur was seared and charred black and painful streaks of being shocked appeared, similar to those of being struck by lightning. Was this the power of those shields?

A subtle, deep laugh was heard from the doorway where you last saw Wolf. It was too late, he already knew of your escape attempt, "An honorably try little (m/s), but there's no reason for you to leave."

With a wave of his claws hand, the Wolf brought in Robots that picked your shaken form backup, and was held to face him.

You couldn't even reach a hand up to claw at him, your strength was directed towards any shred of hope you may be able to persuade him with."I-I don't want anything to do with your 'unorthodox' experiments. What you're doing is WRONG. You have your robots, not me."

"Oh yes my robots are truly helpful," The Wolf looked at his said creations and then to the door, and then to you as he nodded in that direction. The robots began to move as he continued speaking, "but I suppose you could also say it's nice to finally see a living face up close."

"At least I am something alive. I have a feeling you have all these because you're lonely up here." You tried to fight back, making snarky remarks at the primal canine who turned another corner into another room.

This place had much more equipment in it. Robotic arms, machinery, tools.

An operation style table.

"Nice try, but my emotional state has been dormant for a long time. Place her there." The Wolf pointed to the table, and your startled eyes failed to move as you knew what was about to happen.

"Wh-what are you going to do?-" You raised your legs up as if trying to curl into a ball, your tail (if long enough) between your legs in fear, "-a-and WHY?!"

"You're about to be graced with a gift miss (Y/n)." Wolf loomed over your (e/c) eyes, staring straight down into your soul as he broke your spirit with his hellish gaze. "You'll be needing a friend up on his airship, and after tonight you'll be calling me General Carol."

Learning his name means nothing to you. You snarled at him, "I'll never follow you if you take anything away from me! You don't force someone to be your operation, or even a friend!" You continued to try to struggle against the strength of the straps and clamps, arching your back across the table. "Besides, if you're wanting some sort of super soldier, I'm not the right person. GO find the Freedom Fighters or whatever you're after!"

"Who said I was taking something from you?" Wolf humbly stood by your side as he examined his- test subject..."You are a (m/s) with naturally impressive (insert species skill). I just want to amplify your abilities and then maybe you'll see what I'm truly offering you."

Your expression turned from an angry grr to a nervous face as your eyes caught a glimpse of objects coming near you. Needles... And you squirted your eyes in anticipation.

This operation was live.

[]======[]

Word Count: 1250

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda