[ 3 ] Enhancement

It was as if you blacked out, it was over like that. Rather sophisticated technology for such a procedure.

Robot guards had disappeared, most likely just on the other side of the room, while Wolf sat quietly with his legs crossed and hands in a classic villain 'waiting' pose, fingers pressed together with separate paws.

He rose when he noticed you began to stir awake. "Hello there- (Y/n). I hope you're not feeling... uncomfortable."

"I'm going to say unfortunately..." Your eyes were still closed when you felt Wolf's cold claws gently poke at your skin as he took off a clamp to examine your arm. You couldn't feel much of a difference, or any lingering effects of the operation. Was that a good or a bad thing? You were unsure why Wolf had even called it 'unorthodox'. "What did you do?-"

"Exactly as I told you, super soldier."

You opened your eyes now, the light suddenly being rather sensitive. You had been set up, the table moved so you could sit properly upright, but were still mainly held down. "Sup-er... huh?"

"You've been enhanced (Y/n)."

"I expected something more unorthodox..."

"I did exactly that. Unorthodox can mean many things. Painful... traumatic... or, humane. In this case, I simply did something seen as unfair to the rest of mobian-kind."

"Super soldier..." you muttered, understanding what the wolf now meant. It was powerful. A gift, something that would have been unfair to the rest of the world. You shook that feeling off and looked back to this 'General Carol', who had moved away from you.

"Can I get out of this chair now-"

Carol's laugh was all you needed for an answer. You curled your hands into fists, it wasn't all comfortable to be on a flat surface for so long. But to your surprise, the table did suddenly release you.

You had a moment to fight or flee. You were surrounded but the leader was right in front of you. These powers were new but how strong? Were they overwhelming?...

Deciding it was best to refrain from a confrontation, you stayed planted to your table/chair, but threw your legs off the side to sit face to face with the dark wolf. You held your wrist as Carol stood up, aggressively snatching it into his own grasp.

"HEY!" Now you went in for a punch, hitting point blank to the villain's shoulder. However instead of throwing him back, it set off a sound like no other. An explosive version of a gong sound, metal on metal. You looked at yourself in shock, "What?-"

"Congratulations (Y/n). Your infection has caused proper enhancements."

"EXCUSE ME!?"

The canine trudged over to a screen, highlighting a strangely shaped device. That in the corner, said it was blown up thousands by scale. It was microscopic. "This is something I found after Eggman disappeared, a virus of some sort. Of course the fat man never got to use it, so I decided to make my own little spin-off. It'll make you powerful and aggressive, and it seems that's already worked. You finally attacked me."

Looking at your iron strong hands you found no sources of pain from such a strong punch, "You wanted me to?"

Wolf smiled and turned back to his computer, "You sounded like you wanted to."

"You're a villain and I'm a citizen that was kidnapped, so yeah, I'd be afraid to fight you regardless. You destroy cities and terrorize those people."

"T-sh." Carol hushed, "that's a little rude you know."

"You're an acting tyrant. I'm not wrong. With all the places you've conquered, do you really think people are happy?-" You slowly shifted into a more defensive pose, sliding off the table and approaching Wolf. Whatever he gave you, it was surging your bloodstream with adrenaline and confidence.