Mushroom Boy

"-em! Dream! Dream!" a loud voice exclaimed as the person attached to it gently shook my shoulder.

"What?" I murmured tiredly.

"It's eight in the morning, Dream!" Fundy said amused but noticed some of my anxiety at the comment so he quickly says, "Don't worry about breakfast, I fixed some scrambled eggs. I was just worried when you weren't even on your way up."

"It's already eight?" I question, not at all more awake.

"Yes, sleepyhead! I'm heading out to work, but I'll see you when I get home," my husband said before kissing my forehead and then promptly leaving for the cabin they call home.

I honestly did not want to get up anytime soon even though I had already slept two hours longer than usual. But slowly I get out of bed and put on some heavy clothing as it had rained the previous night.

As I walked out of the bedroom, I see a plate of scrambled eggs on the small dining table with a folded not beside it. I quickly take a few bites of the meal and read the note,

"Don't forget to chop up some more wood! I should be home around seven tonight.
~Fundy"

Weird, that is later than usual, I think before putting the plate in the sink. I put on some old boots covered in mud that rested outside on the porch and walk into the forest.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It had rained the previous night so most of the wood in the forest is wet, and therefore not very usable. Luckily, Dream had saved some wood in a shed just half and mile away from his and Fundy's cabin.

When he got to the small shed, after ten minutes of walking, he spotted a round clearing just behind the shed. Red mushrooms and all kinds of plant life ran rampant. Everything from Poppies to vines joined together until they reached the middle where a small figure in a mushroom hat and cape peacefully lay on a giant, slanted rock. Vines curled around the lithe human as if protecting them as they slept, flowers gently made a makeshift bed, and mushrooms grew from any exposed skin that was available. The person was nothing but urethral laying there in the sun coved, protected, by all plant life.

Dream immediately rushed to the mysterious figure, but slowed the closer he got until he was next to the body. Now that he was closer, Dream could see that the figure was male and he wore a simple light blue blouse with dark grey shorts under the bright red cape. White, rounded sunglasses also gently rested on the bridge of the boy's-man's?- nose.

Gently, Dream touched the shoulder of the boy and shook it. After many minutes of that, he looks at any visible skin to see if the boy was injured. No, there were no signs of blood or bruising. The boy simply would not wake, but did not have any injuries, concluded Dream; so he untangled the vines from the boy and picked him up bridal style.

The walk to the cabin was marginally slower, but soon Dream was laying the pretty brunette on his and Fundy's shared bed. The hat had fallen off on the trip there and was resting on the nearest end table. Dream also could not leave the boy looking that uncomfortable, so he took off the red polka-dotted cape; laid it on the matching hat, and tucked in the small body. Only after that did Dream dare leave to get Tubbo and maybe even Charlie to figure out what they would do with the boy.