Fairy Godmother

Link POV

Round two had come to an insipid close. Link mulled over the varying dishes he had just sampled. Not one had tempted him enough to finish the entire plate. The first round was considered a preliminary round. Whoever made it to round two would advance to round three, the Hylian Waltz. However, Link was required to choose a favorite dish from round two. The winner who could capture the hero's taste buds, would also be the first to capture him on the dance floor.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, " the announcer raised a hand to showcase Link beside him. " Our righteous and sovereign hero will announce the winner of round two, the cook-off!" All eyes turned to Link. The anticipation fierce within their curious stares. Link opened his mouth only to find a small stutter slip through his lips.

"U-uh..." Link recognized he was running out of time. He looked at the triforce that was debossed amongst the back of his hand. For some reason the words of the Great Deku tree echoed through his mind. He remembered when he was first summoned to begin his journey as the hero. He remembered the question that was asked that would change his life forever.

He also remembered he had the same reaction to that question then that he did now.

"Does thou possess thy courage?"

Link began to internally reassure himself. He decided he'd choose Malon. He did love an ice, cold glass of Lon Lon milk. The more pressing question was what he would do about round three. How could he stare into the faces of all these people and tell them that he could not choose? No, he would not choose. For the choice had been made some time ago. Suddenly a voice from the crowd projected itself up to the stage.

"Hylia, the hero looks rather unwell." People started to mumble in agreement with the stranger. Whispers traveled around between the contestants and the royal family. Link knew he must have looked rather ghastly. For a brief moment, he was overcome with gratitude. Y/N wasn't here to see how he looked. The image alone might make her run for the hills.

Link realized he had immense courage when it came to the selfless act of obligation to others. Where was that courage when it came to himself? Did he possess the courage to follow his heart?

"Link." A flash of light appeared before his face, ricocheting around him. He knew from the aggressive turbulence the orb of light possessed, that it was none other than his fairy guardian, Navi.

"Enough is enough! You have the face of someone who just found out Ganondorf has broken the seal."

"Goddesses, Navi! Do not say such things." Link let out a defeated sigh. "Navi, you have always been my faithful friend. You have always guided me when things were tough. You've saved me many times, and for that I thank you. I do not wish you to save me this time. Rather, tell me what to do to save myself? To save my heart?"

"This is about Y/N, isn't it?" Navi let her speed wane, fluttering in loops around Link's shoulder. She cast herself in clear view of him. "Link, the goddesses chose you as the destined hero. Do you doubt destiny now? After everything you have been through?" With that, Navi sped off into the horizon until she was no more than a twinkle in the sky.

Destiny, huh? Link knew you couldn't rise to meet your destiny without courage. It was with that silent understanding that Link walked up to the announcer. He whispered in his ear the selection for round two.

Your POV

You puttered around your house focusing on menial tasks to do. Your nap was far from gratifying. It seemed Link chose to follow you into your dreams. There was no escaping him or his pending betrothal.