001

Karate was never something that Cara had pictured for herself. She hated the idea of violence as a kid— but then again, a lot of her views have changed since she was a little girl and believed in anything.

Overall she was thankful she made the decision to join Cobra Kai, she made some great friends through the process, like Miguel Diaz; she never really knew him before, which was weird since they went to school together for years. And his twin sister, Ana, who had also quickly became a close friend of hers.

When she was in school she mostly had her headphones on and tried to ignore as many people as possible— this was probably why everyone thought she was a bitch. But she wasn't... most of time.

When Cara came across the Cobra Kai website, she laughed it off, not taking it seriously or wanting to give it any thought. The more she lingered on it made her contemplate actually seeing what it was about. She wanted a way to protect herself, to not feel weak. If the time came she wouldn't have to be scared. It also could allow her some release of the built up anger she had.

That's what lead her up to visiting the Cobra Kai dojo. She remembered the day vividly.

The bell rung as she swung open the door pulling out her earbud and examining the place— it needed work, that was for sure, but for the most part it was pretty nice.

Two guys standing in the middle of the mat with their hands propped up into fist in front of their faces caught her attention.

"Yoga starts at five" The older blond man turned to her, brushing her off before he continued to display his punch to the younger boy. "I'm actually not here for yoga, I'm here for Cobra Kai" She pointed towards the wall next to her that had big letters written on the wall.

"I appreciate you coming in, but there are no women in Cobra Kai" He spoke back, brushing her off once again. This made the girl scoff, shifting all of her weight to one side and crossing her arms.

"That seems misogynistic of you" She retaliated raising an eyebrow, he furrowed his eyebrows deeply confused. "Misogy— what the hell is that?"

"Who's that?" Tory snapped Cara out of her thoughts that she could never seem to catch a break from. Cara slightly furrowed her eyebrows following Tory's eyes into the direction to see who she was talking about.

Robby Keene— He was laid out on a pool chair and his eyes were already on hers, Liam Hart sat beside him with sunglasses over his eyes. She looked away almost immediately.

"Robby Keene, he was who Miguel beat to win the All Valley" Cara turned back to Tory explaining her answer, also finding a way to brag on her best friend in the end. "Do you guys have history?" She asked, eating a grape off of the plate in front of them.

Cara got flustered in a way, not knowing how to answer the question. Why would she think that? "No, no, he's Miyagi-do" She shrugged stealing a grape off of Tory's plate. "So? You guys are different dojo's big deal... He's been eyeing you since we got here" Tory smirked in a teasing way.

"Wh—" Cara was cut off by Aisha coming back, "Actually it is a big deal. Miyagi-Do is our competition, she can't be seen with them... Now let's go get that drink" Aisha came out of nowhere with Ana by her side and linked arms with all of the girls and they began walking away from the group.

The four of them started up a small conversation, laughing at something Tory had said.

"Hey!"

They all stopped walking, wondering who was yelling and why. When they turned around they realized it was directed at them when they seen Sam Larusso standing there— their second run in of the day with her, only this time she had Taylor Jones by her side.