Prologue

Author Pov

"Uncle I will just go and get water from the valley you know we need it right." The girl with bright blue eyes said to her uncle who sighed heavily.

"But my daughter you know it's not good for you to go there alone. It's almost night I can't risk it." The girl was ready to protest but stopped hearing a familiar voice.

"That's fine, father I will go with her." She smiled at the young man who was of the same age as hers.

The old man had no other choice but to allow them after all they needed water and they couldn't wait till the morning. Being in a small village it was hard to find water easily that's why even though the valley's water wasn't that hygienic but they had no choice but to use it.

Fleur Blake. 19 years old young woman. She lost her parents in her childhood. She was lucky enough that her father's brother was generous enough to not give up on her and brought her to his house. Her uncle's wife was also really a good woman and she treated Fleur like her own daughter but fate has its own plan for her. She was diagnosed with lung cancer and being extremely poor they couldn't afford any aid for her. And she lost her life when Fleur turned 12.

Her uncle and Aunt have a son as well whose just one year older than her. He treats her like his own younger sister. They had a beautiful bond and it was enough for Fleur to live with them in peace. Even though they have many problems in their lives and the biggest was their poverty but still Fleur always felt grateful for whatever they had.

Fleur's uncle used to work as a farmer but just a year ago he was also diagnosed with T.B (Tuberculosis). They could have looked up to his treatment but it was way too out of their league even though both Fleur and her cousin brother worked as well but it was only to fill their stomach.

Her uncle was losing his life minute by minute and Fleur knew that soon she will lose him as well. Kai, her brother was also trying to do as many jobs as he could to get more help for his father but now he has lost hope, as well as their village doctor, has already told them that there was no way to save him anymore.

They both walked near the valley with buckets in their hands. Kai was the first one to start filling the water. "I will go to the other side." Fleur tried to walk toward the other side but Kai grabbed her arm.

"Fleur no one takes water from that side. They say that side's water is dirtier than this one." He tried reasoning with her but she shook her head.

"I know. I am not taking water from that side to drink but to wash clothes. I don't like washing clothes in open areas." Kai sighed nodding his head at her.

She grabbed the bucket and walked toward the other side. The sky has already turned slightly dark. The light was dark blue but it was enough for her sight to see her surroundings.

She dipped the bucket in the water and just when she pulled it back a loud gasp left her lips dropping the bucket back into the water in horror. Her eyes widened taking several steps back.

Blood. There was blood mixed with water. She breathed heavily and was ready to run away when suddenly her eyes fell on the body floating on the edge of the valley. She froze in her spot finding herself in an extremely unusual condition.

Out of her instincts, she ran towards the body and pulled it out of the water with a hard struggle. The man's body wasn't like the men she was used to being around. It was way too bulky, hard, and muscular. He almost looked like a giant to her.

She inspected him finding him only in ripped pants. He looked like a soldier. Maybe he's an army man and someone tried to kill him. That's all her mind thought after all only army men are this much muscular. She has seen army soldiers coming to their village once to provide them food when they suffered from heavy floods.