Chp-3

Author Pov

"Here are your medicines," Fleur said as she gave the glass of water to her uncle who obediently took the medicines.

"Fleur, sit here I want to talk to you." He said making her frown. She silently took a seat in front of him staring at him with a frown.

"Last time when Ken came to meet me. He gave me a proposal." Fleur shifted uncomfortably as she knew where this conversation was going.

Ken liked her a lot and he had proposed to her once as well but Fleur never felt the same and politely refused him. She knew Ken was far better financially as compared to them and could provide her a better life but she just couldn't get herself to like him.

"Uncle." Her uncle held his hand up.

"I know Fleur you don't feel the same as him. But look at me. There is no guarantee for my life. I might die the next second."

"Uncle." She said looking at him with sad eyes making him chuckle.

"That's the truth, Fleur. And I want to secure your future before leaving you. Kai is a man he can take care of himself but you're a girl my daughter. A fragile and naive girl and Kai can't protect you for long after all one day he will find his partner as well. That's why before going away I want to secure your future with a man that I can trust. And I also talked with Kai he also likes Ken." Fleur looked down thinking about her uncle's words.

"Ken sincerely likes you and he's even willing to marry you. Think about it." Fleur gulped nodding her head.

The next day she spent avoiding Gabriel and focusing on her work. But the words her uncle said to her kept on ringing in her head. She thought about Ken and then without her realization, she started comparing Gabriel and Ken.

Even though Gabriel's physique and looks were far stronger than Ken's but when it comes to the sincerity of liking her. Ken won. Ken liked her, he expressed it, he respected her boundaries, and never forced his decisions on her, he even proposed to marry her when he could simply take an advantage of her just like Gabriel but he didn't.

Gabriel on the other side wasn't ready to express what he feels for her, he initiated the intimacy yet he didn't even utter one word of affection to her. No commitment, no boundaries, no sense of protection. All she felt in his case was a desire.

She might like Gabriel more than Ken but she knew well what to choose for her. After all, Gabriel has to leave the village soon. There was no future for them. Making up her mind she went to her uncle and decided to dig the attraction she had raised for Gabriel in her heart.

"Uncle." Her uncle smiled at her making her reciprocate it.

"I agree. I will marry Ken. I have no problem." She finally let out making her uncle smile widely.

"You made the right decision my daughter. I will tell Ken tomorrow. And we will arrange your marriage as soon as possible." Fleur smiled at him nodding her head.

Her uncle started chatting with her oblivious of the ragging wolf outside of the house who felt like someone has ripped his heart out. He closed his eyes gritting his teeth when suddenly a voice echoed in his head.

My Lord. Are you ok? Where are you?

His eyes snapped up when he heard his general's voice. He was able to mindlink finally. Just when he felt a wave of relief in his body another uncomfortable feeling started crawling over his chest.

If he told his general about his whereabouts they will find him till tomorrow. After that, he wouldn't be able to talk to Fleur and this fucking marriage! He needs to stop it. He needs to talk to her first.