Chapter 2: A crime to solve

If you forgot the character's names:

Ghost Fox-Fuzzy
Nightcrawler-Shadow

Y/N's POV:

As I woke up I went to change into my work clothing. I then was thinking about the cafeteria if the scaffolding was fixed. As I exited my room I was greeted by Fuzzy.

"OH! Hi Fuzzy. You scared me for a second there." I said in a nervous voice

"Oh I'm sorry Y/N I didn't mean to scare you but hello!" said Fuzzy

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Well I was thinking of showing you my friends! but first lets get something to eat at the cafeteria! If you don't mind because of what happened..." said Fuzzy

There was a pause I agreed and we went to the cafeteria. We waved at the receptionist as we passed by. Then we passed the garden with slime pups sleeping and playing in there. We went to the flooded area and waving at the shorks chilling there. As we continued to walk. We noticed some scratches on the floor followed by fresh blood drops. Fuzzy was worried and so was I. We followed the trail leading us to the gas room. I then held my breathe and dashed across the room. As we exited I stopped for some air and we continued. We passed the other side of the flooded area and went into the double doors. It led to the snowy area and behind huge rock. We went behind it and found a secret area I confused that there was a secret area but when I looked at Fuzzy he had a different expression on their face, he knew something that I didn't know. He then hurriedly went in and I follow. Just as I enter I see Shadow in there, bleeding. Fuzzy went to cover the wounds so blood wont flow as fast. I then find a nearby medical kit and did first aid on Shadow. We then carried him to the infirmary for some medical help. As he was getting healed we went to the cafeteria thinking who could have done this.

As we arrived at the place the scaffolding was already fixed. I sat down while Fuzzy ordered the food. He then sat down and we talked.

"So who do you think would do that to Shadow?" I asked

"I-I don't know... Shadow never told me he had enemies." said Fuzzy in a scared voice

I can tell that Fuzzy is worried about Shadow because of his voice. I hugged Fuzzy and then kissed their forehead.

"It's ok, Shadow is fine, were fine. We have to find out who did it but we need some technological help" I said

"O-Ok..." said Fuzzy in a sad tone

"Hey, if you don't like to be involved in the case you can just say it I'm ok with it." I said

"I do wanna help what happened so... I'm in." said Fuzzy

As we finish our food we went to the infirmary to get something that could help on our lead. As we enter we questioned the doctors and nurses that were treating Shadow if they found something while they were healing him. Sadly all of them said no so the only choice to get another lead is CCTV footage and a protogen or 2. We entered in the security system and checked the footage last night. It was all static. *This bitch is smart and tampered the cameras*. We then grabbed two protogens and made them scanned the scratches, blood and Shadow's body. We finally got something. One of the protogen did a rescan on everything and one of the scratch marks had goo that didn't belong to Shadow. It was black and Fuzzy suspected a panther did this and I agreed to listen to him. We went to the area where panthers live at. We asked them for their leader and led us to her. We then started to questioned.

"Are you and Nightcrawler friends?" I asked

"Yeah we are. Why made you asked that..." The leader said

"Uhm somebody attacked him I think at night time..."" Fuzzy said

"Yeah and we think one of your mates here might did it." I said

The leader was lost for words as she was fuming with anger. Ready to attack who did it to their childhood friend. I gave them the goo we found and she sniffed it and knew who did it. She dashed at another panther who was a female.

"WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" she shouted at the panther

Chocking the panther can't speak properly and the leader let her go. The other panthers were scared and bundled up in groups of 7-10 while I was hiding in Fuzzy's tail and Fuzzy was blushing. Then the culprit began to talk.

"I-It wasn't me ma'am" the culprit said

"LIES! I CAN TELL EACH ONE OF YOUR BLOOD AND I KNOW ITS YOUR! NOW TELL ME WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HURT MY FRIEND?!" shouted the leader as she grew angrier

"It-it's because I got jealous of that fucker over there. He got him before I did." she said

".... ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU ATTACKED HIM BECAUSE HE IS NOT STRAIGHT AND NOT SINGLE?! THATS IT, YOUR TIME HERE IS DONE!" said the leader as she exposed her claws

The culprit was being scratched to death by the leader and to finish it all the leader took a bite out of her stomach. The the culprit was screaming with pain, all of the other panthers didn't do anything because if they did they would be next. As the screams went softer and the room went silent we all knew she died from blood loss. The leader ate the stomach pieced she ripped apart and threatened the other panthers if they did the same they would die the same. The leader then went up to us, me inside in Fuzzy's tail still as Fuzzy was blushing so hard. The leader apologized to us for the things we both saw. We told her it was ok and we offered her to let her see what the culprit did to nightcrawler. She agreed and we went to the infirmary still in Fuzzy's tail. We let the leader have a moment alone with Shadow and Fuzzy went to get a drink from a nearby vending machine. As I sat there lost for words.

A few weeks later Shadow was fine now. The panther leader walked up to the two of us and thanked us. We had an argument on who should thank who. We then ended the argument and the leader told us their name. Their name was Adira which was a cool name. Fuzzy then went into their dorm as it's almost 9pm, I did the same. I went to bed and thought of what happened today as I fell asleep.