17, crazy

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY:
don't sexualize them in ANY way, no matter if you're joking. you're weird and you're gonna get blocked.
enjoy the book, if you're willing, please vote for it! :)
-

highschool. bruce hated it. boys and girls stared at him like he was the only boy in the world. none of them were his type though, it didn't seem that anyone was. bruce had never felt a connection romantically, of course, his parents disagree completely.

his birthday was recent, so now he's in the correct age range of being a junior. 17, crazy. he didn't think his years would go by so fast. when he was younger all he used to dream about was to grow up, to be tall and have a big house. but now all he wants is to be little again, to be able to climb in his moms arms when things get out of hand, to play ball with his dad instead of playing it against real teammates.

the ravenette shuts his locker hard, unlocking his phone with face ID to listen to some music as he navigates the schools long hallways. he had to get to the other side in less then 15 minutes. he wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being late.

he turns on some music to boost his mood as people all around him ask for his social media, as if he'd answer. he wished he was normal. that no one knew him and he could just be a 17 year old.

fleetwood mac comes on in his wired headphones from years ago, the end taped together so they work in both ears.

he's always been a fan of older music, made him feel like he was in a movie.

bruce breathes in deep, closing his eyes for a second just to take in the music, but is interrupted by an elbow to the forearm. he looks up to see who the hell was that tall to hit him like that, and it's no other then vance hopper, or 'pinball vance.'

bruce always got a vibe that vance wasn't a bad guy, that he was more then the persona he gave, but all he got was anger as vance yelled something out. he couldn't hear him though, music blaring in his ears. he pulls a headphone out of his ear, to be bombarded by the loud voices telling kids to move and to fuck themselves. vance probably started that trend.

after 2 long minutes, bruce is finally through the crowd of pushing and shoving kids who don't wear deodorant. he quickly puts on more cologne to cover the smell of that, and walks into the class he's supposed to be in.

vance hopper is sitting in the back of the room, spinning his dull pencil between his fingers. "bruce, please take a seat." the teacher says, and the ravenette strides over to vance.

"is this seat taken?" he asks, smiling at him.
"clearly not, are you fucking blind?"
"awesome!" bruce smiles, taking a seat.

he pulls out his phone to pause his music, but there's two new messages from his mother.

'hi hunny!'
'tell me about all the pretty girls when you're home!'

the blond peers over at the phone as bruce types a reply,
'mom! i'm not interested in any of the girls here!' he argues through text, sending it and almost immediately there's a reply.

'well then tell me about boys!' and bruce can tell there's a smile on her face. he shuts his phone off and groans, a soft chuckle coming out of vance.

"what's so funny?" bruce asks, not aware he was reading the messages going on through him and his mom.

"the way you fight with your mom. it's funny. why don't you wanna tell her about anyone?" the blond snorts, biting the end of his pencil, near the eraser. bruce is taken back, finally realizing what had happened.

"wow, okay stalker. i don't wanna tell her about anyone because there's no one to tell her about. but i'm getting real sick of it." the ravenette rolls his eyes, staring at vance as he bites the already worn down end of the pencil.