you wanna move in with me

bruce's nerves are all over the place. he know they shouldn't be, this whole thing isn't real! but vance's mom is such a sweetheart. nothing like her son.

the house is small, but ms hopper's decor does it justice. it makes it feel like the house is huge, her minimalistic style shows through that. she has big letters in italian that must mean 'let's eat!' or 'hope your hungry', because she says that a lot. it would just make sense.

her eyes have smile lines all around, and the color green that fill her iris suits her so well. she's very small compared to vance, maybe around 5'4. it's very funny to see actually, because when vance is standing next to her helping out with making dinner, she looks like one of the seven dwarfs.

"pfft." bruce giggles, and vance's mother laughs back.

"yes, i know. how do you say.. uhm..sono molto piccolo."
"she says she's very small." vance quickly translates, and bruce nods. his mother also nods, agreeing because she knew that's what she meant in english. vance's mom walks into the kitchen and grabs a large oblong baking dish filled to the brim with lasangna. "we were talking and she said that she hopes you like lasagna. she put italian sausage, salsiccia, on top."

"salsiccia." bruce mutters as if to test the word on his own tongue, and the blond standing next to him just laughs,
"sal-sic-cia." he tries to sound out, but bruce doesn't really catch on and keeps trying to pronounce it like vance did when he first said it. "okay, okay, enough, my moms laughing at you."
"whattt? non sono!" his mother chuckles out, taking a seat at the head of the table.

"it smells amazing, ms. hopper!"
"please, mio figlio, just call me mom."
"haha, alright. well, either way! this smells great!" the raven haired boy exclaimed, rubbing his hands together as vance took a seat next to bruce. he took his hand, and it shouldn't have made him as happy as it did. he was just happy that this was all working out.

"well, dig in!" ms hopper exclaims, saying what seems to be a quick prayer before she uses an oven mitt to grab hold of the glass oblong dish so she wouldn't hurt her hands. she takes a large spoon and takes a portion for herself. "vance, portagliene un po'." his mother says, and vance is quick to her request, taking the dish from her and the spoon and dishing bruce up some.

"is that enough?" the blond says softly, looking down at bruce. he just nods, eyes focused on the delicious food in front of him. vance laughs at this, he's never had someone over before, and let alone have someone look at his mothers food like that.

bruce's eyes were just glowing with happiness when he took his first bite, "oh my gosh this is so good, i think i'm gonna marry your mom for her recipes." he smiles, chewing with his mouth closed which made vance's lips slowly turn up.

"shut up you dork, you're lucky she can't understand english very well."
"cosa ha detto?"
"niente, mamma." he responds with a laugh, and his mother just nods in response.

bruce finishes his food pretty quickly, and he sits back in his chair with a groan. "that was so good. i'm coming over every night, i'm moving in."

vance laughs, "my room is too small, sorry. mamma, lo porterò di sopra, ok?"

"ok, baby! ti amo, love you bruce!"
"love you mom!" the two respond in unison, and bruce giggles as he's dragged by the arm up the stairs. as soon as vance's door is swung open, he can see holes in the wall, posters and pictures of him and his mom and his band, and is immediately bombarded with vance's cologne. it's actually.. not really cologne, it's more perfume. bruce always thought it was the girls in his class that smelt so good, like vanilla chai latte with a hint of cinnamon.

"well? get in here." vance laughs, pulling him inside the room and shutting the door. bruce lands on the bed, still giggling. "what's so funny?"  he asks, raising a brow and walking over to his vanity. wow, this boy acts like a girl.

"nothing, nothing. just that you use perfume! it's so cute!"
"shut up you fucktard! i like the way it smells! cologne smells like ass."
"how do you know what ass smells like?" bruce asks,
"i swear to god bruce, i'm gonna rip your fucking head off and feed it to finn's dog."
"not bells!"
"yes bells."

vance takes a seat next to the now cackling bruce, a snort coming out of the blond. bruce rolls around, "it hurts!" he laughs, "it hurts!" and after that, vance starts laughing as well.

"shut up! oh my gosh! you're just making it worse!"
"this room is making it worse!"
-
now the two boys lay beside eachother, stretched out recovering after their laughing fits.

"shit, i have to get going." bruce says, checking the time with his watch.

"that's a cool watch."
"it was my dads!"
"was..?"
"oh, he's on vacation right now, not dead!"
"oh!" vance chuckles it off awkwardly. his own dad left his mom and him alone when he was in 5th grade. but vance provided for his mom, they didn't need that two faced cunt.

all of a sudden, the blond blinks and they're downstairs, and vance's mom has her phone out to take pictures of the two saying their goodbyes.

"bacialo addio!"
"mom.."
"bruce, hunny?" she asks sweetly, and though he has no fucking idea what she just said, he can tell by vance's eyes. it was a look of scared and worried, but he also seemed excited.

vance slowly leans down, placing his hand on the side of bruce's neck, as he pulls him in for a kiss.

the butterflies bruce got were absolutely not supposed to be there.