Chapter 5: A Hero Gone Rogue

Todoroki was busy minding his own business, trying to find a good place to eat for dinner.

Although the thought of Izuku "hanging out" with his so called child-hood friend Bakugo haunted him internally, he wasn't as childish to become overly stubborn about it. He'd only had one friend growing up, and that was Izuku, so if he said everything was fine even though it wasn't? Then Todoroki would once again put his head up in the clouds, as long as it preserved his friendship with Izuku.

What an awful habit of mine... he sighed.

Other than a few instances where he'd overheard Bakugou talk behind Izuku's back, Todoroki hadn't really seen anything worse than that. Since he was homeschooled, there weren't a lot of times when he'd seen Izuku and Bakugo together.

But if something worse did happen because of Bakugo-

Todoroki clenched his fist until an icy aura surrounded his fingers.

I swear I'll help you, Izuku.

-------------------------------

Current moment....

"Todoroki? Is that-"

Todoroki looked at Izuku in shock. Bruises and scratches covered his face, Bakugo was standing still whilst grabbing Izuku's collar, and his friends were backed up behind him. It was a scene from hell.

"Hah? Todoroki?" Bakugou laughed, "You mean the rich kid down the neighbourhood?" His arrogance knew no bounds, Todoroki could feel it in his voice.

He threw Izuku against the wall and cracked his knuckles with a snobby smile.

"Ugh!" Izuku coughed when his back hit the stone-cold wall, which finally caused Todoroki to act.

"Izuku!-" He called out, worried, only to be met with the spiky haired devil.

"Hey 'halfy,'" Bakugo mocked as he pointed at Todoroki's half red and half white hair, "Listen, I heard that you're basically a hermit living inside that mansion, but it seems like you're buddy-buddy with my friend Deku here, so let me catch you a deal, how about it?"

Todororki glanced from Izuku to Bakugo nervously, but asked further, "Deal? What are you talking about?"

"I really doubt that Deku told you but..." Bakugou said then eyed at Izuku, who had a face of despair, "Don't you know? He's the son of the infamous and treacherous, Inferno."

"Inferno? Wait-"

 The word, name, and meaning of 'Inferno' brought a terrible memory back into his mind.

Years ago, when Todoroki was around the age of 5, he had been watching the news with his mother.