Prelude

The year is 2020, and the world is on fire…. Literally. The outbreak of COVID-19 had everyone on edge and talks of another World War on the horizon didn't alleviate any fears…. As well as the fact that Australia was also quite literally on fire.

   In 2018, you graduated from the New York Film Academy with a bachelor's degree in filmmaking at the age of 22. The school was a long ways from your small town in Michigan. You missed out on a lot of birthdays and holidays, but it would soon be worth it, at least you hoped so.

But as soon as you started to really gain some traction, the pandemic hit and filming halted. Sure you had a few independent projects, but it was unsafe to film anyways as the cast would be too susceptible to coming in contact with the virus.

So Instead of spending the year creating movies and living out your dreams as you had hoped, you were forced to move back home just to survive.

The days were long and boring. You kept busy writing short stories and ideas in your notepad, but it just wasn't the same. Pretty quickly your creative juices dried up and it remained that way for well over a year.

However, not all was gloomy in the world. One profession that saw a boom was streaming/content creation. With everyone at home, there were so many more eyes constantly available and records set years ago were broken with ease.

One streamer you had become quite fond of, Valkyrae, had also seen an influx in new viewers. She grew so much within the year that she was eventually named 2020 Streamer of the Year, beating out the likes of xQc, Ludwig, and many more.

The Pandemic affected each of you in very different ways. But eventually none of that would matter…. eventually…