Answer

Just when I was beginning to lose hope, I finally received an answer.

There was a knock on my door, and I got up from doing my homework to get it.

On my front porch was a fishbowl full of tiny goldfish and a colorful poster of a school of fish that read, "Out of all the fish in the sea, I'm glad you chose me." It was signed by Jack.

Staring at the goldfish and the poster, I was sure it was a dream. It couldn't be real.

I wasn't going to be alone on homecoming. I was going to dance with the cutest boy in school! My lips curled into a grin, and I was stimming with happiness. I rotated my hands back and forth as I felt my excitement surge through me.
"This is the best day ever! I'm so happy!" I exclaimed while dancing a happy dance.

"Who was at the door?" Mom asked, walking by where I was standing. "Mom, I just got an answer from Jack for homecoming!" I was still stimming with excitement.

She looked at the fishbowl and poster on the front porch, smiling at me with pride, "I'm so happy for you, Julie. I knew someone would see how amazing and beautiful you are." Mom hugged me with excitement. "Thanks Mom." I replied with a smile.
"I need to call Rachel!" I wanted to let my best friend know that I got a date to homecoming. Things were finally starting to look up.