Prologue

It was a stormy night in Adventure City. People were hurrying through the city to get back to their homes, trying to escape the storm. But one individual wasn't going home. Going home was the last thing on his mind. And so was his job, which he quickly abandoned without notice. He was a police officer dog who had been serving for nearly 15 years. He knew leaving his job would give him a harsh reprimand, maybe even get him fired. But he didn't care.

His wife had gone into labor.

The officer arrived at a pet hospital. He stood under the canopy by the door and shook himself dry before entering. He quickly made his way to the front desk, where a golden retriever was working

"Please, I need to know where my wife is!" The officer exclaimed.

The golden retriever smiled. "We've been expecting you, sir. Please go down the left hall. Your wife is in room 02."

The officer wasted no time. He hurried his way down the left hall and quickly found the room he was looking for. Room 02. On the door was a sign that read 'Please Knock Gently'. The officer took a deep breath before softly knocking on the door.

"Come in." A voice said.

The officer slowly opened the door, careful to not make much noise. Once inside the room, he could see his wife laying peacefully on the hospital bed, looking at something she was holding in her paws. He walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek. She smiled at the gesture and nuzzled his left cheek."I guess I'm late, huh?" The officer said quietly.

"It can't be helped. We both knew that Chief was going to keep you busy," His wife replied.

"He's going to be so mad when he notices I'm gone." The officer whispered with a laugh."You should remind him of what he did when his son was born. That'll shut him up." His wife said."I bet it would," The officer chuckled. "How'd it go?"His wife smiled. "Look for yourself."His wife shifted her position to reveal a small newborn pup sleeping peacefully in her paws. The pup had white and brown fur, matching both of its parents. Its mom has white fur and its dad has brown fur. It was a very beautiful pup.

"What do you think?" The officer's wife asked.

The officer looked at her and smiled. "They're perfect." The officer leaned toward his child and gave it a soft kiss on the head. "Is it a boy or girl?"

"A boy." His wife answered.

"Have you thought of a name yet? I know you've been having a hard time deciding." The officer said.

"I still was when I held him for the first time," His wife admitted. "But then... I saw this." She carefully laid her son on his right side to reveal a marking of a star on his left side. The officer was amazed.

"I think Star is a perfect name. Don't you?" His wife asked.

The officer smiled. "I think it's perfect."

The two adult dogs cuddled with each other as their focus was fully on their newborn son. Ever since they got married, they've been dreaming of having a child. And now that day has come after so long.

"He's going to be special." His wife said."Do you think he's one?" The officer asked.

His wife nodded. "I can feel it in him. It's very strong. And this mark proves it further." She replied. "But..." She placed her paw on top of the mark on her son. Seconds later, she removed her paw and the mark was gone. "It's best we keep it a secret. The last thing I want is for him to find out."

"Don't worry, honey. We'll keep him safe. As long as he's with us," The officer said.

His wife looked down in worry. "I hope so. But I'm still not fully recovered, and-" She suddenly stopped speaking. Her fur stood on edge as she could feel something nearby. She then gasped. "He's here!"

"What?!" The officer exclaimed. He attempted to draw his gun out, but it would be useless. A mysterious black dog appeared from behind him and lifted the officer up by grabbing the back of his neck. He then slammed the officer's head against the wall. Knocking him out instantly. The mysterious dog laughed and threw the unconscious officer to the other side of the room, where he slammed into some medical equipment. His wife shrieked in horror as she cried out his name. The loud noise startled the newborn pup awake as it began to cry in its mother's arms. The mysterious dog turned his attention to the frightened mother and pup. His red eyes stared into their souls.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" The mysterious dog said with an evil smirk.

"G-Go away you... MONSTER!" The officer's wife yelled as she protectively curled herself around her son.

"Let's not make things hard. Give me the child, now!" The mysterious dog demanded."Never!" The officer's wife hissed.

The mysterious dog sighed. "Well, don't say I didn't warn you." And with one swipe to her head, the mysterious dog knocked out the defenseless mother. He then uncurled the mother from her son and picked up the small pup by its head. The pup was still crying for someone to comfort him. But he wouldn't get that comfort ever again. The mysterious dog smiled as he stared at the pup he was holding. He then looked at the two unconscious parents in front of him.

"Don't worry, officers." He began as he started to leave while chuckling.

"I'll make sure he's in good hands."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"'It has been ten years since Star had been pup-napped. Little is known about the one who pup-napped him, but it is known that the suspect has a history with the two parents. It is unknown how, but the suspect had also killed everyone who was in the hospital. 143 dogs died. 12 being small pups. The only survivors were the parents of the pup-napped pup. The current whereabouts of the two survivors are unknown. It is known that the father is still working within the Adventure City police force, but the mother hasn't been seen or heard of since. The case has been on hold for 8 years, as nothing new has come up. But due to the mass murder that the suspect has committed, detectives think that the pup-napped pup is most likely dead. The hospital where the tragedy took place has since been abandoned after all the bodies had been removed.'"

Chase continued to read the newspaper he was holding in his paws. He let out a sigh as he closed the newspaper and set it aside. 'The Missing Star' or 'The Impossible Case' is well known within the police force, and it caught Chase's attention for a while. The case was well known for being near impossible to solve. This was due to the lack of evidence and lack of eye-witnesses. The only two who knew what happened were the parents of Star, but no one knew where they were. With not much else to do or to think about, Chase laid down on the cold floor that had been his home for the majority of the past 4 months. He was about to sleep until the metal door to his room creaked open. He sat up and saw a police officer standing in the doorway. Chase groaned when he saw the officer.

"Really? This late at night?" Chase said. He weakly stood up and let out a yawn before turning his attention to the police officer. "So, how are you gonna try to kill me this time?"

"Ha ha..." The officer said sarcastically in a deep voice. "You're not so lucky this time. Pack your things, Sargent."

Chase looked at him confused. "What for?"

"What do you think?" The officer replied.

"You're going home."

Next up: Secrets