Chapter - 3: Moments Of Love

Viren watches as his daughter and niece leave the house for shopping. He moves to his room and looks at the photo frame that's beautifying the side table. It's his wife's picture. He smears her face with a thumb.

"I've got everything but not you

"I've got everything but not you. Agar tum mere sath hoti toh baat kuch aur hoti." He says softly.

"I miss you, Bulbul. I really do. Lekin shayad hamari kismat mein saath likha hi nahi tha." Viren speaks, putting her heart out.

She's Bulbul Singhania, Viren's beloved wife and Anamika's mother. An unfortunate incident broke this little family of three. It was when Anamika was 5 years old. Bulbul was driving back home when she met with an accident. She couldn't survive the accident as she was hurt in her head and had internal bleeding.

After her demise, Viren never re-married. His sister tried to convince him but he never agreed. He just wanted to live with the memories of his late wife and their daughter. Since then, It's just Viren and Anamika. Their added family is Viren's sister and her family.

He sighs deeply and kisses the picture of his late wife as if seeking her good wishes. He keeps the frame on the table and then leaves for his meeting. Also, he has to meet his daughters at the shopping mall. He can't afford their anger, for, Anamika and Raina are his rays of sunshine. Viren wants to finish his meeting quickly and join his girls.

*****
Singhania Industries

Viren reaches his office and finds the manager waiting for him. He informs Viren that delegates will arrive soon and that he should check the presentation as well. Viren nods and gets busy with his work.

Two hours later, Viren beams at the foreign clients and shakes hands with them

Two hours later, Viren beams at the foreign clients and shakes hands with them. He has surely bagged the deal. He thanks them and then the delegates take their leaves. As they leave, Viren checks his watch and finds that it is 1 PM. He should reach the mall and then take Anamika and Raina for lunch. He promised them, after all. Viren asks the manager to finalise the papers and that they will start working on the deal the next day. The manager agrees with Viren and they leave for their homes-it's Sunday after all. They had to meet the delegates, work comes first.