Chapter 1: Cookies

You know it won't a cost penny for a smile".

She glances as a tall girl sits beside her. She's been waiting for her best friend to arrive at the bus station for an hour just to receive a message that she can't come. The latter explained that something just happened, but she's aware of the reason. Her bestfriend Yeji is now back on track with her on and off relationship, it's been a toxic one, but she can't blame her. They said too much love will…

“All right everyone listen, for those who got the number 1-5 stay here and 6-10 please stay on the other side”, one of the organizers ordered. 

The tall red hair girl immediately walk towards the crowd. Ryujin remained seated, wanting to go back home since her best friend decided not to show up. 

“Hey, come on… I know you’re upset of something but come to think?The effort you made be part of this undertaking.

There’s no turning back baby”.

Baby? The heck!

The red hair grabs her hand as if they’re close and sends her the sweetest smile and while she moves her eyes down to their hands. Ryujin with a disgusted face about to protest, but too late. She’s about to say something when the taller girl whispered something.

“I’m sorry about it but we can be friends if you want to. I’m also alone, my friend wasn’t able to pass the test, I assume you are alone too?”.

It sends shivers to Ryujin’s body.

Ohhh she’s dangerous.

She's not in the mood for a conversation, but she admits, the girl looks extra cute and friendly. Ryujin is known to be cold one not at least when she's with her friends Lia and Yeji. Now she's dragged by a girl looking confident towards the crowd. 

"By the way, I forgot to tell you. I'm Chaeryeong Lee".  Sounds familiar.  

“Lee?, Are you connected with Chaeyeon Lee, the famous cheerleader?" 

She got a nod from the other girl. "I know you actually RYUJIN emphasizing her name. You're famous around school".

She won't deny, it's a fact. After Ryujin participated the national competition representing their school she became an instant sensation.

"Wait, you mean we are in the same school?" The red haired girl just chuckled for a reply.

"How come I haven't seen you at least once?. I mean college department isn't that big enough for us not to run to each other for some classes?"

"You're probably busy looking for somebody else", the red hair jokingly answered.  

"I'm a transferee, just for you to know".

Their hyped conversation was interrupted by the chauffeur asking their ID's. They handed it and went inside the van. Good thing they are in the same group, it won't be boring at least for Ryujin. Her phone got series of notification from Yeji, stating that's she's very sorry about her sudden cancellation for their supposed to be alone time/retreat/school project. She can't help but sigh, yes, she worried a lot for her bestfriend. For now she decided focus herself for this excursions, minding her own business. It won't hurt at all.  She needs a break, she's been feeling uneasy lately. The pressure is on her. She needs to unwind and to feel herself again. They're already on their 3rd yr in college and they are now set to experience something outside school, which not all student will have the chance to do so. Only a few were chosen to be part of it. Yeji and her were one of the lucky ones, and this red hair next to her seating comfortably. 

Chaeryeong on the other hand making herself comfortable beside the silent Ryujin, who is in her deep thoughts. She offered her something to munch. She opened the container revealing freshly baked cookies. The smell of it lingers her on nose as she snap towards the other side, Chaeryeong with that bright smile again, grabs a piece of cookie putting directly on her mouth. She's about to refuse but eventually gives in to her offer.

"It taste good"

"Thanks, I actually baked it".

"Really?" acting surprised.

"Baking is my passion", gushing by just sharing about it. 

Ryujin examines the younger’s face.

It beams positivity, like a sun that radiates energy, something that’s contagious and she can't help but smile too.

“Hey, is there something on my face?” as she moves her head side to side. Ryujin was already staring without her realizing. She fake a cough pointing to the cookie.

“Blame it to the cookie, it taste heavenly”

The red head can’t help but laugh at her joke.      

     It took 3 hours for them to reach their destination. Ryujin was enjoying the view outside the window. Lush green of scenery enveloping the place and the smell of wood mix in the air, she guessed their almost there.         

    She turned to her side about to say something when saw the read head sleeping soundly with her head a bit tilt. Worried that the younger might get a stiff neck, she carefully adjust her head letting it lean on her shoulder.      

       Few more moments and they already reach their destination.

”Chaeryeong” she taps her shoulder.

She slowly opened her eyes.

“We’re here already, but we have to walk for few minutes to the main camp” She pouted showing a disappointed look. Releasing a sigh she started moving too.  

      “Welcome to Mind and Body Wellness Center”, the lively speaker welcomed them.

“You know the reason why you are here, consider yourselves lucky because you’re about to experience something extra different right after all our activities. Some of you maybe acquainted already or some may not, so this the best chance for you also meet new people, build relationship and be a better person, because that’s our main goal. So, for now I’ll give you time to rest. Follow your coaches as they lead you to your rooms”.

      It’s been two days since they started their activities. Chaeryeong remembered the reason why she’s here. She has one more year before finishing college and as she about to finish her society course being part of this excursion will give her an insight and better understanding about life in general.

FLASHBACK

Chaeryeong's POV

      Two years ago, she can still vividly remember the bullying incident that caused her depression. It was a heartbreaking moment for her to say goodbye to her favorite school, she just can’t stand it anymore, she had enough. Way back she was tag as the “betty la fea”, she admits her sense of fashion was kinda off, plus she wears thick glasses and that bluish braces that don't suit her. Thankfully her cousins Mina and Minzy worked magic on her, considering them as her fairy godmothers. Her two years in America change her completely, even her perspective when it comes to “love”. And now she’s back to the place where it all started… Harlem University.

My Hinata| Ryuryeong जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें