Chapter 2: Darkness

Their activity went well until the fifth day, everyone was gathered around the campfire. Keeping them warm. It was a magical day, they went trekking and was able to deep their body into the cold spring.

         “Alright, we're about to close our activity two days from now. I’m requesting everyone to settle down. I’ve been doing this for quite some time already. As a coach, I was once like you. So, before I dismiss you guys we will have this activity that would benefit you. You’ll thank me after this.”

Some yelp, some go excited and there she saw a pair of eyes expressing many worries 

           “I hate this kind of activity” Ryujin frankly declares. 

            “Come on it’s only once in a lifetime, after this will be back with our daily routine, school and our boring life” Chaeryeong urged her. 

           “Have you done something crazy in the past?”

            “A lot actually” Chaeryeong proudly answer while staring delightfully at her. 

Ryujin flustered, now both hands in the air.  Now it was Chaeryeong’s turn to share in front, expect Ryujin to be the last one.  

         "Hi” her voice trailed off, thankfully it was already night and with the campfire presence, her blushing cheeks isn’t that visible. 

“Go Chaeryeong!”it was from Minju a new found friend, she grasps hearing it.

She started.  "I was excited to become a college student plus the fact that I'll be going to my beloved university (apparently not knowing that bullying still do exist). “I've always been tagged as Betty lafia since then and I got used to it. I thought life in college would be so different.I thought I could meet people whom I can be comfortable with and be friends with, well, I got some, a few rather but real ones”. 

Her lips started to tremble. "I wished that day I decided to take the risk, that I didn't allow my fear to stop me, but I was a coward back then, decided to just leave it in an empty bin. I wonder what would have happened if I handed her my love letters. Even if I get an answer the other way around. Heartbroken? Nah, I'm already get used of it". she fakely laughs.

Chaeryeong, paused straighten her back and looked towards a pair of eyes. 

Am I really going to share it?- With her, physically here and giving me a serious look? Shit...

I don't think I can..a few pauses in between breath.

Her inner voice saying the opposite -You go girl, it was all all done in the past and you moved on from that-.

She continued, sighing. Seeing people eyeing her to continue...the bizarre ones, and the excited ones.  

"If you imagine the Betty lafia you have watched before on television, yeah that was kinda llke me before”. They were all in shock, like who wouldn't? Like now she's hella  gorgeous from head to toe, well she was already pretty before, she wasn't just confident.-tsk-

Chaeryeong version 2.0 a bolder one. Thanks to technology she had gone through a lasic for her eyes, now she stops wearing thick glasses. From old fashioned clothes to crop tops and sweat pants, not to mention her fit is to die for. All it influenced from her free spirited American/Korean cousins Mina and Minzy, they both helped her boost her confidence. 

              Unforeseen, few drops of water touched her forehead as she looked up the night sky, it started to rain. Gradually killing the campfire. A blessing in disguise she guessed, she can no longer continue her narrative. Everyone rushed to their respective rooms while she remains in her position.  She loves the rain, she wants to stay longer…not when a strong hand grabs her wrist.

"You'll get sick if you stay longer, lets go inside". She wants to protest.

Staring the girl in front of her.

Does she remember me? Do you remember me Ryujin?

"It's none of your business if I get sick!" 

"Yeah right, but at least for once” with a worried look. “We still have some activities for tomorrow that I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss!".  Ryujin is ready to leave when she decided to just follow her instead. 

"Sorry about it and thanks for your concern"

"Here", handling her a towel as soon they enter their assigned room, giving her way to the wash room. Chaeryeong just followed her.

She still has the towel wrapped around her body when she went out from the washroom. Ryujin on her own, was reading a book glances at her for a second and instantly moved and turned her back.  When all of a sudden the lights turned out, darkness enveloped the room. She heard some steps rushing anywhere and she started to panic.  Chaeryeong has nyctophobia, an extreme fear of darkness.

"Ryujin, are you still there?" 

If Chaeryeong is scared of darkness, it's the opposite for Ryujin, it's her comfort. She remained silent and calm. Yes, she loves darkness, like allowing herself be vulnerable without people witnessing right before their eyes, something she's scared of showing to people.

" Ryu...Ryujin" quavering voice echoed in the room.

Ryujin wanted to play jokes by not responding to her. 

"Shit, did she just go out?" Chaeryeong blurred out.

She started to panic at the same time struggling for she only have two things right now,her underwear and the towel wrapped around her body.

She started to move, bending down as if crawling. She needs to find her phone at least for she needs light. Not knowing where to go and suddenly she stumble a sturdy object, seemed to be an alien to her. And the next thing... She screamed her heart out, but only for a few moments when soft lips finds its way to her own. Ryujin thinks its the only way to calm and to shut her from screaming. 

"Shhh..I'm here" a girls voice responded.

"You scared me, I hate darkness, I hate it", crying in between Ryujin's hug. It was just a light kiss but she could sense that the other girl if not, almost...reciprocates.

The lights are back but Chaeryeong is still closing her eyes, not able to process to what just happened. Appeared like a dummy after they shared the kiss. Ryujin can't help but smile seeing the beautiful sight right in front of her, she hopes she isn't blushing at all.  She slowly opened her eyes then suddenly the towel wrapping her cold body slowly loosen up, Ryujin with a careful hand held hers and supported it.

"You go, finish fixing yourself. I'll be here".  Chaeryeong turned her back without saying any words. She was totally embarrassed.