Masrani Visits

Half an hour passes as Y/n begins to grow hungry, he sniffs the air as he tries to look for any sort of food. He begins to growl in frustration as his smell doesn't seem to be picking up any…thing.

Y/n raises his head high as he picks up a new scent. Y/n starts to follow it, he evenly pushes through a treeline to see Rexy, ripping a goat apart. Y/n slowly approaches as she easily swallows the entire chunk of goat. She notices Y/n from the corner of her eyes and looks down at him, halting him.

One wrong move and she could kill him, he knows it. He looked down and was about to walk away, when suddenly the half of the goat was tossed onto the ground in front of him.

Y/n looks at the goat then back to Rexy, who merely nods, before walking away. For an Apex predator, she's strange… but, he'll trust her for now. He bites down at the flesh before tearing to shreds. 

He truly doesn't understand, but… she reminds him of Claire. Like a mother. Once he finished his food he walked back towards the pond, where Rexy is seen lying there. Y/n hesitantly lies besides her, and in return she puts her tail over him. She doesn't understand why he feels familiar but… to him, she's like the son she never had.

Over at the Control Center, Claire is seen exiting the roof approaching the helipad as a blue Eurocopter Colibri with "JW001" on the tail flies in and lands. Claire gets aboard and sits in the backseat. Up front is park owner Simon Masrani and his flight instructor. Masrani removes his sunglasses.

Masrani: Claire!

Claire: Mr. Masrani! You're... flying!

Masrani shrugs as if it's no big deal.

Masrani: I got my license.

The flight instructor holds up two fingers.

Instructor: Two more.

Masrani: Well, two more days. So, how's my park doing? 

Claire: Great.

She makes a show of consulting some paperwork.

Claire: We're up two and a half percent over last year, a bit lower than our initial projections--

Masrani quickly interrupts. 

Masrani: No, no, no, how's it doing? Are the guests having fun? Are the animals enjoying life?

Claire: Well, guest satisfaction is steady. In the low nineties. We don't have a way to measure the animals' emotional experience.

Masrani: You could see it in the eyes, you take care of your Indotaurus, am I right? Surely you know how he feels right?

Claire: Of course I do, he's like a dog, he tends to shake his tail when he's happy, as well as let out a low chirp.

He turns back around.

Masrani: What did I say? Other dinosaurs have their own ways of expressing it. Speaking of which, show me my new dinosaur...

Everyone braces. Claire gasps as suddenly the aircraft lifts up awkwardly into the air. Looking a little wobbly, it zooms off over the park.

Masrani: Got it, got it... got it!

The copter zooms off over the jungle. Masrani is a mediocre pilot at best, but his inexperience despite only two days of training left is made up for by his sheer enthusiasm for flying. He's having the time of his life. Claire, not so much. She remains braced against her seat, clearly terrified. She's more worried she'll die here, then she was with Y/n earlier. The flight instructor for his part seems to be keeping his cool.