Chapter 29

Safiya

With her palm under her chin and in deep trance.
Safiya looked sullen.
Her legs swinging back and forth as if they controlled themselves.
She stared at nothing in particular.
Absolutely nothing.

How do you expect them to remember with all that's going on you selfish thing!

She opened a drawer of her study desk and pulled out a pink stained aesthetic book along with a black inked pen.

The book was her diary but she referred to it as a journal.
Her father had gifted her the diary since she was aged ten.

She flipped open the bulky book and turned to a new page.
She clicked the pen open, thought for a second with her head held back high and started to scribble down her feelings on the page.

She believed that writing down your feelings actually helped than speaking up.
It was her own way of letting go of stress, anger and sadness.

How I wish Abba was still here.
I'm not complaining but how I wish you let him stay till today.
Abba was really eager to see me turn thirteen. *Smile*

Here we are today without him but Alhamdullilah.

She let out a heavy sigh.

Today's my birthday but I don't even think umma remembers it let alone Hauwa.
A lot has been going on lately.
I really try not to complain but it's hard.
It's hard to pretend you're fine when you really aren't.
This is my first birthday without Abba and Ya Amir.

Safiya clicked the pen again and stared at the ceiling.
"But Ya Allah I want you to unite our family once again even though Abba is gone. Please let Umma forgive Ya Amir and let's all live a happy life with a happy ending." Safiya raised her two palms to the sky.

She knew Allah heard her and he would definitely answer her prayers.

She clicked the pen again while smiling this time and scribbled down one last thing.

And also thank you for restoring umma's health back.<3

After her little reflection time, she returned the book and pen into its original position and exited her room with a splendid idea popping into her head which made her have a bright smile on her face.

Safiya made her way to the kitchen.

Haya had recovered after visiting the hospital but she still needed some rest.

Hauwa on the other hand was still asleep because the twins didn't spare her throughout the night due to their yelling, crying and whining.

She slowly opened the cupboard and pulled out the container containing flour.
Safiya decided she was going to make cupcakes.
She tried as much as possible to be as silent as she could be so as to not wake others up.

After carefully measuring the ingredients and mixing them together in a bowl, the cake batter was ready.
She pulled out the baking trays and placed in each of the trays cupcake liners. Afterwards, she poured the batter into the liners with an ice cream scoop.

Once the oven was preheated, she popped the cupcakes into it and set the timer before leaving the kitchen where the chocolatey smell still lingered for her room.

After a really bubbly bath,Safiya carefully went through her clothes to decide which to wear.
She finally came to the conclusion of putting on her navy blue and white floral puff long sleeved jumpsuit which had a little belt.
She matched it with a white headscarf and a few jewelries.