Chapter 34

The intensity of Hauwa's questions grew and so did Yaseer's will to avoid them.

At some point, she had thought about getting a divorce.

This was too hard for her to handle.

Oh, you want to run away from your problem you weakling.

Her inner self would tell her.
It was actually more like a motivation for her not to quit or give up.

She really needed a timeout.
A space to herself.
Somewhere to clear her head.
Somewhere to be away from Yaseer for the time being till she had things figured out.

"At least a little cleaning would get my mind off this."she put the key into the basement door keyhole.

"A place to reflect and rethink my life."she sighed.

She had never been in that part of the house except during the attack on their house incident which they passed through the attic and not the main basement door.

It was mostly locked because it wasn't in use.
It mostly contained old stuffs.

As she pulled the giant door open, a fist of dust attacked her face immediately making her cough and sneeze.

She held her arm under her nose and walked into the thick dark room.

Have you gone crazy?! Are you really going to stay here rather than settle things with him?

She came to a halt once she was half way inside.

The only light that illuminated the room was the reflection of the lights in the hallway.

"I have tried settling things with him, but he's not willing to do so on his end! I can't even stand his face anymore!" She replied to her inner mind.

The hallway light wasn't enough for her to see the room, so she ran her hands through the dusty wall to find a light switch or something.

Her hand finally got to something that felt like a switch.
She pressed it and the lights came on giving Hauwa a clearer view of the dusty basement.

She was just going to clean a small part where she would be reflecting in.

After lot of contemplations on where to clean, she finally came to the conclusion of the small little corner by the entrance of the basement.

She went back into the main house to grab a few cleaning materials.

She also put on a face mask to reduce the amount of dust she breathed in.

She pulled out a few things like a couple of nightstands and old lamp from the corner.
She then proceeded to clean the cobwebs above her head.
She had started sweeping the floor when the brush she was using came in contact with something.

She tried sweeping again, but something was most definitely obstructing her.

She squatted and lifted up the piece of curtain material that was shielding the object.

It was a black box.

She made herself grab the dusty gift box.
The box still looked intact.
It just needed a little dusting and could be gifted to someone on their birthday.

She ran her fingers through the dusty black lid before slowly taking the lid off the box.

Her eyes immediately caught the large font on a paper inside the box.

'MEMORIES' the paper read.

"Memories? Of what?" Her eagerness made her pull out the paper.