[006] - nothing more

•••

     Fractured in comprehension between right and wrong, Nayeli Madris debated with herself. How could she have gone to become friends with a Slytherin? It was an unfathomable endeavor, one of shame and betrayal. He was the heir to the Black family's fortune. Their acquaintance was considered forbidden—a blood traitor was more the word—in the patriarchy of purebloods. She wanted to scream in terror, questions piling up the more she worried. It was a mistake to even continue with the boy. She would ruin him.

     "So, you're telling me that you're on a first-name basis with him?" Pandora Lovegood walked at par with Nayeli Madris, making their way to Herbology.

     "Is that a bad thing?" She spared an arch of her brow. The blonde-haired girl quickly shook her head. "I have a feeling it might be. I'm not sure, though. It has been pressing at the back of my mind."

     "I doubt you'll have any trouble with your sudden new friendship," Pandora reassured, a hint of uncertainty in her voice. Nayeli frowned slightly, forcing a smile as they neared the greenhouse.

     "I hope you're right." She muttered, proceeding to go inside the designated Herbology area. Pandora followed in haste. Glancing around, Nayeli found herself stiffening at the sight of Regulus Black. He was putting on brown gloves, attentive to the plants.

     "Ms. Madris!" The Herbology professor spoke loudly. Nayeli flinched as she turned her gaze to the kind woman standing a couple of feet away. "How lovely of you to join us." She smiled warmly. "Make sure to tie your hair up and grab some gloves."

From afar, Regulus Black stared at her for a split second. Nayeli turned to Pandora, who was already tying her hair into a bun. She dropped her bag next to the ones on the floor, searching through it for a hair tie.

     "Crowded today, isn't it?" Pandora whispered. Nayeli looked up, beginning to put her hair into a—to her best efforts—ponytail. She merely nodded. "I'll save you a spot." Watching her walk away, Nayeli grabbed her gloves and stood up.

Evan Rosier, standing next to Regulus, observed him with curiosity. They shared the class with the other houses, including Ravenclaw. That meant Regulus's mystery friend would be there. He smiled wickedly at the thought.

     "Regulus?" Evan questioned, trying to gain his attention. The boy continued to stare somewhere else. "Regulus?" He repeated.

     "Hm?" Regulus faintly responded, still looking at a different place. Evan cleared his throat. "What is it?"

"Isn't your friend in this class?" He queried with a smug smile. Regulus pivoted himself to face the boy, the crease between his brows becoming visible. "The one you said I would scare."

"How would you know she's here?" He whispered in an almost harsh tone. Evan chuckled in response, knowing he was correct about the girl.

     "I didn't," he shrugged, "but you just told me all I needed to know." Regulus's lip twitched. "So, which one of these lovely Ravenclaws is she?" He glanced around, eyeing the section sporting blue.

     "I'll tell you once the class is over." Regulus avoided eye contact with him, turning to face the Professor. Evan hummed, continuing to inspect his behavior. He would say it all in a matter of minutes. The blonde-haired boy was more than determined.