04. 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

JADE'S POV !

once they all get down, there's nothing but silence until nova breaks it. this silence seems so loud.

"mom. are we all just hear to stare at each other" nova says. sometime i love and hate nova. rn i'm hating her. "nova!" my mom exclaims.

"no no she's right estella! boys, say something. hug. do anything but stare" mary lou says.

"nova! jade! it's gre-" nick starts but then glances at matt, who was giving him the death stare. "good to see you."

"yeah. nice to see you guys" chris says which made me slightly smile. he could always make me blush.

"matt! be polite!" mary lou says getting frustrating. "hey." wow. my body just got shivers. "hey" i say dryly. what the heck am i supposed to say to that.

"hey? hey?! i wanted to see you SO bad and all i get is a hey!? i know what jade did was very booty feeling but i didn't do a single turd" nova snapped at matt for being dry ass.

"you're right nova. c'mere" matt says going up to give nova a hug. i've always loved how soft he was with her.

"now, y'all hug!" nova states standing in between me and matt, backing up a little. he lets out a dramatic sigh before stepping closer to me and just staring.

i guess i'll hug him.

i open my arms and pull him into an embrace. he takes a second but finally hugs me back. this hug made me feel human again.

after a minute or two, i try to pull away but he still clings on. i start patting his back to signal i'm trying to let go. after i do that, he lets go and i go on to hug chris and nick.

after all the hugs and greeting, our moms told us to hang out upstairs so they can catch up.

nick, chris, matt, nova, and i head upstairs to chris's room. this should be fun.