Chapter 39

Nix had sent a raven to announce them to Lucifer. The oracle elegantly stepped out of the portal with a cold facial expression and was received by two ram demons with slave collars. Reverently, they held their heads bowed to him. Lyric stood behind Nix, his facial expression neutral.

"Our Lord is waiting for you in the reception room. Would you follow me?" the right one said, his head still tilted.

They are afraid. They don't dare to look me in the face for fear of punishment. Nix felt sorry for the poor creatures, but he couldn't change it. Dedicating oneself to Lucifer was a decision that rarely anyone didn't regret.

In silence, Nix followed the demon, who led him to a door littered with bones. Bah, the interior decorator belongs crucified. But it's Lucifer, what else should you expect? The door opened and gave the view of the interior. It was a large room with white walls and numerous paintings on the wall depicting scenes from Lucifer's empire.

They weren't really nice scenes, but he wasn't there for a nice chat. Otherwise, there were showcases with a wide variety of weapons on the walls. In the middle towards the back wall was a large throne. It was forged from steel with bones attached everywhere. The backrest was equipped with numerous skulls.

Not exactly the coziest throne, because mine is clearly more comfortable. Hell, this throne fits perfectly with his oversized ego and narcissistic personality. Apart from the throne, there was nothing, no seating for guests. He shouldn't be surprised that no one wants to visit him.

"Servant, get me adequate seating," Nix said, without looking at the servant. He didn't ask for Lyric, because he didn't want to give the impression that Lyric meant anything to him. The ram demon hurried and carried a black armchair with another employee and placed it opposite the throne.

Nix took a seat while Lyric silently stood behind him. Nix meant to the demons to leave him alone, because he didn't want them to stay close to Lyric for too long. After two hours, he instructed a servant to bring him a refreshment. Another three hours passed. Lyric became nervous but tried not to let it be noticed.

Nix, on the other hand, was calm. He knew what it was all about. Lucifer wanted to flaunt his superiority. Maybe he was waiting for Nix to make a mistake. He didn't know, but slowly it was a farce. So Nix decided it was enough. He had now allowed himself to be fooled long enough. Emotionless, he stood up and looked at Lyric. "We're leaving. Obviously, we will no longer be greeted today."

Lyric nodded and Nix walked through the door. The ram demon stood there with his head bowed. The oracle walked past him and said coolly, "I'm going to leave now. Tell your Lord that the bird can do without a blind mirror. Furthermore, I will not be available for any services for the coming decades."

The ram demon looked at him in horror.

"Don't worry, the approaching fate will give him what he deserves, and he won't see it coming," he added with a devilish smile.

The ram demon shuddered because the message Nix sent was clear. Lucifer had angered the most powerful oracle in hell and would now have to live with the consequences.

"Do you want to end your visit?" a deep voice asked.

Nix did not turn around but went on.

The prince of hell let his dark magic rise and the ram demon crouched on the ground.

"If that's your idea of adequate greeting, I don't share it. I'm going to leave now," Nix said.

Lucifer stared at him. He had the face of an angel, it was unmistakable. Only his ash-blonde, short hair and clouded eyes testified to his fall. He was wearing a black kimono with clear blood spatter. His eyes pierced Nix, as if he were looking for something. There was a rumor that he could taste lies, but no one knew if it was true. Better Nix vaguely adhered to the truth.