Chapter 1: Stupid Banana Peel

Night had fallen due to the storm. It was pitch black outside, the only sources of light being the streetlights. At the side of the road stood a dilapidated house that seemed almost like a haunted mansion brought to life from a horror movie.

In a narrow room within this haunted house, a boy lay sleeping peacefully on a small bed, his long eyelashes fluttering like the wings of a butterfly and his little button nose upturned like fine jade, as if his face weren't covered in bruises.

Awakened by the pain from his swollen lips, the boy squinted his bruised gray eyes sleepily.

The pain made him tremble.

Chasm felt pain upon opening his eyes.

Staring at the dilapidated ceiling, the boy sat up immediately, realizing he was not in his luxurious villa. Touching his swollen lips, he winced from the pain. He sat up in the bed and stared blankly at his small hand.

Then, he stared at his hand again, now with a bewildered expression.

"What the hell! A small hand?" he thought.

He clearly remembered falling from his mansion because of a stupid banana peel left by his negligent manager, leading to his death.

He was just admiring himself in front of a mirror near his terrace when suddenly, his movements became exaggerated, and he slipped on a banana peel. "Huh! Where is the traitor who will betray and then kill me? Where is that plot? So many ways to die, but why did I die because of a banana peel?"

Imagining what would happen to his countless fans and admirers if they knew he died because of a banana peel, he couldn't help but speculate:

Surely the news would sensationalize how he died due to such stupidity,

'Breaking news!! The famously handsome actor of the year, Chasm, took his last breath this evening, apparently due to slipping on a banana peel and falling from his luxurious three-story mansion and dying!'

"...Hah, what an embarrassing way to die. My cool image was completely ruined!" he mused.

Moving on, he wondered why on earth he was here in this dilapidated house. He clearly remembered that he was already dead.

Oh right! He had suddenly reincarnated as a villain in some absurd author's bloody book. Indeed, a villain destined for a tragic end!

A bloody book filled with scoundrels, now a parallel world to his previous one, named 'Against the Storms,' casting him as the annoying, significant villain brother of the male lead, despised and hated by everyone.

Of course, this villain, truly him, Chasm, who had been just an autistic little misfit previously, was beaten by his adopted father and regained all his memories from his previous life, along with the shocking realization that this was only a book. A perfect villain, merely a stepping stone for the two protagonists; from childhood to adulthood, he faced countless obstacles and had a tragic end just to further the plot of their stupid, toxic relationship.

So here he was in this damned book, the villain with a brother complex, opposed to his brother having a gay lover.

Due to all his evil behaviors and deeds, he was ultimately punished by his own brother, losing an arm and becoming crippled.

So, yes, Chasm was utterly doomed. In the book, the next day was when his real father would save him from his abusive adopted father and take him to the Anais Family, marking the start of his role as a doting brother to his spoiled little brother.

Chasm had been kidnapped by his adopted father due to hatred towards his parents, taking it out on an innocent child like him. What a petty, stupid person.

Who in their right mind would beat up a six-year-old boy? This adopted father was truly foolish.

Chasm snapped out of his musings when he felt a burning pain in his stomach. Rubbing his little belly, he got up from the old bed and walked into the small kitchen.

He looked in the fridge and found nothing to eat. Staring at the fridge in a trance, he remembered his previous luxurious life again. "Hah, how I miss my luxurious life. Well, I'll just wait for my father to save me from this hell tomorrow," he thought. Walking back to his room, he lay on his old bed and closed his eyes, falling asleep from hunger.

"I really miss my soft bed," he lamented silently.