Part 7 : Escape

The inside of the safe house is not that fancy to say nonetheless. It had a bar with a fireplace to warm everyone in there. Multiple boxes of ammunition and an SHD crate are available in the safe house, a crafting bench to craft newer agents' weaponry and disassemble extra loot also a merchant selling stuff using a currency named credits. "Hey, bartender I need a can of coke and a glass full of ice. It's been hell out there and I haven't drank anything to stop my thirst from drying my throat. Oh yeah, what do you guys want huh? Drinks on me tonight until sunrise. Get some sleep and you might as well eat something if you guys are hungry. We don't have cooked food but canned and packaged food. Multiple rooms are filled with beds for those who are tired. If you guys got gears that needed to be fixed there's a workbench at the corner." The bartender gave the agent his can of coke, he open it and drink it with his face showing his bliss. "Ahhhhh it's so refreshing to have a drink. Hey merchant what do you sell today? I needed some new stuff and also got some unused gears to be sold. Some survivors ordered drinks from the bartender, some took packets or canned food and some went up to take a nap. Only the doctor remained to sit on the couch not eating or drinking as he/she looked at the tablet to conduct a strategy for tomorrow's evacuation plan. Doc's hands are still trembling in fear as what he/she saw today is enough to give someone PTSD on one battlefield yet he/she still maintains his/her cool. However, under the mask, the facial expression would be different. Nobody knows the face of the Doctor. Only a handful of people saw his/her face. His/her mysterious facial recognition and background are enough to make anyone interested in digging into their pasts. But it won't be easy since most of the information is considered classified under the Rhodes Island database. Not to mention breaching Rhodes Island data is a very heavy crime and will be punishable by the termination of the contract. Some even say that death is will be done by Dr.Kal'sit. She's one of the high-level administration crew and also the leader of Rhodes Island medical projects. But it's just rumors spread by Rhodes Island operators. "Hey Doc, what's with the quietness today? Take a break dude, you must be exhausted tonight after what we have gone through. Are you hungry? I got some snacks in my backpack for you to enjoy. Don't worry it doesn't have peanuts in it. If you want something to drink I can order it for you." Doc listened to the agent talk yet he/she stays in silent and kept on tapping the tablet. "A quiet one huh, well if you wanted anything I'll be on the second floor. Have a nice sleep if you are going to sleep tonight." Agent Jeff walks to the second floor and went inside one of the rooms and unpacked his gears. His weapons have their safety on and bullets out of the bullet chamber. Gun safety is always needed to be done whenever using any kind of weapon. It's just common sense to do so because sometimes a gun will accidentally discharge a round which is very dangerous for yourself and everyone around you when you don't follow the basics of gun safety. Safety is must be on when your not shooting, don't aim your gun at someone even if there are no rounds chambered in and lastly do not put your finger at the trigger when not firing and reloading. But since on the battlefield, nobody gives a shit about gun safety. Well not everyone but there'll be peeps who ignore gun safety so they can go guns blazing at the enemies. "Haah how long will I keep on going to missions risking my life for the little outcome? I can't believe it's already years of my deployment by the Division." He took out a photo of him with 4 other members in it. "I miss you guys it's been some time since I haven't met you all. I swear I'll keep on finding you guys until the end of the earth even if it means the death of me." A knock can be heard on the door of the room, and it's Doctor himself/herself. "Yeah? Got anything to ask Doc?" He/She walks closer to Agent and sits beside him. "Hey hey you wanted to say anything? I knew that you were a quiet dude but come on tell me is there anything that happened?" Doc gave Agent his/her tablet. It's tomorrow's plan for escape. It wasn't a complicated plan but I knew I needed to do this solo or I need to borrow some of Doc operators for this plan to work. Well, it won't be a hard one for me that's for sure. Stealth is my style of combat so I don't need to deal with more enemies in battle. The plan is simple. Find a suitable spot for Rhodes Island VTOL to land and also hold the position till everyone arrives. Doc took out a flare gun from his/her pocket and gave it to the agent. "Please help us to get out from this hellhole." Doc says that in a trembling tone. "Don't worry Doc I'll get it covered, get some rest too. You must be tired mentally and physically after what we all been through today." Doc nodded and get's up to head into another room. I kept on reading the plan scrolling down on the details of it and lastly the vehicle used for it. After that, I put the tablet on the table and lay on the bed closing my eyes to have a deserved rest for today's mission. I set my watch for 8 hours of sleep.