Chapter 21

Big big smut warning <3 :) Let me know what you think, I love hearing your thoughts.

______

The words hit you like a tidal wave, crashing into your ears and dragging you back out into the ocean. His wife...married...to a Norse God...

Suddenly it occurs to you that you could still be unconscious. That you are still at home, asleep...your father and Loki waiting for you to wake up. This could all just be a dream that your mind is conjuring in its injured state. In reality, Loki is just Loki...a normal guy...a guy who came to the igloo resort and stole your heart.

"Y/N...?" Loki says tentatively, tilting your face back to his. "Did you hear what I said?"

"Your...wife..."

"Yes, darling." He smiles. "I've never been more certain about anything."

"I feel like I'm dreaming." Unsure of whether that's a good thing or not, Loki shifts on his feet but keeps his grip on you tight. You frown as a million thoughts pass like lightning through your mind. "You want us to get married...?" I mean...what would that even look like?

"I love you, Y/N," he answers simply. "From the moment I saw you, I was obsessed with you. Everything about you calls to me. And I know you feel it too."

He's right. You do. To the point where the sensation shocks you. But what shocks you more is that your immediate reaction to his request is to say 'yes'. Am I seriously considering this?

"Look, Y/N..." Loki says softly, brushing your hair behind your ear, "...don't say anything right now. I've dropped it on you, I know. I'm just happy you're in my arms. And that we're here...together."

"I love you..." you say after a moment, dropping a kiss to his palm when he cups your face. And you promise yourself you will think about it...long and hard. Because that's the sensible thing to do in this situation. And the un-sensible thing would be to answer immediately...like you suddenly want to. God, am I actually going to say yes?

"Come with me," Loki says leading you deeper into the field.

The walk is silent save for the swishing grasses around your legs, and with Loki's coat still wrapped around your shoulders, you only feel warmth...both outside and in. He leads you onwards, down a dark valley lit by starlight before the horizon stretches out flat. And suddenly a calming scent fills the air, making your jaw drop in wonder.

"Oh my god," you breathe.

Extending out before you are rows and rows of purple lavender bushes. And above your heads is a multitude of colours, the night sky more vibrant out here, pinpricked with countless wispy strands of stardust. Not far off into the distance, you notice a small ornate pavilion—white in colour and sitting there solemnly, waiting for a visitor.

"Do you like it?" Loki asks gently.

You can't tear your eyes away. It's like a thousand magical dreams, rolled into one. You squeeze his hand. "It's beautiful, Loki."

"Come," he says with a smile.

Loki leads you through the lavender, the skirts of your dress catching in the delicate strands and casting pillowy clouds of scent up into the air. And with the night pressing down on your heads, you're unsure whether you'll ever see anything as beautiful ever again. The Aurora must have been nothing to him...growing up with this...

The pavilion is carved from white twisted wood, with vines coiled around the pitched beams and draping white flowers into the space above your head. As you step inside, the temperature changes, warming considerably as if you'd stepped inside a sealed cabin. Magic...it must be magic...