The Call of the Challenge

Gajeels POV

Since about the time I joined Fairy Tale I have really started to find a liking in that certain little Bluenete that I had basically crucified on that tree in Magnolia Park. Yes, yes, her team was there to but who really care for them. I think as I walk into the hall seeing the bluenete who turns and smiles at me.
"Hey there shrimp." I say trying not to blush.
"Come on you, you know I don't like being called that." She pleaded slightly blushing as she did.
Making me blush I heard both Jet and Droy start to yell at me "Yay, metal head. Stop calling our Levy shrimp you idiot."
"Do I need to kill you two to make you shut up?" I asked ready to pummle the two's into their certain bodies.
"No no! No need for that. We were just asking." They both reply backing away. Levy just roles her eyes and stands a little closer to me. Almost to wear we touch. But we don't and after a few minutes I go to ask her if wants to do a job before I can ask the Master appears.

"Blah, blah Tenrou Island. Blah S-Class trials. Etc. The candidates are blah, blah, Gajeel, and blah. That is all. You have until next week to find and train with a partner. THEN, the trials Began!" The master ends with the guild cheering and going nuts with all the other candidates are getting congratulations from their guildmates I just stand with Levy not moving.
"Hey, shrimp. Your my partner" I saying barely holding in a blush.
"Well, okay." She says smiling while blushing.

(Sorry bout how uncanon that was but it has been SSOOOO long [to long] since I watched that arc)

Levys POV

Around 10PM that night

"EEECK!!" I squeal with my bestow Lucy.
"So Gajeel asked you to be his partner?" She asked with a sly smile.
"Yess," I start while my checked start to heat "sorry that Natsu didn't ask you?"
"Sadly no, he is to in love with Happy to think about me." She said slumping down.
"Don't worry soon he'll see you." I say trying to comfort her.
"I hope you're right." She responds with eyes slightly watering "soo, anything planned for training or actually at Tenrou?" She asked as if I plan to get into his pants.
Blushing intensely "NO! NO! Nothing like that. I don't even thinks he likes." I say honestly.
"I call bull! There is no way that he doesn't like you. It is pretty obvious to every but you. Same the other way, except really only the girls know." She said standing on her bed.
As we hear the window slide open to see Natsu he slowly backes away closes the window and climbs down. "Aaand how often does he cone here?" I ask trying to make a point.
"I'd say about 80% of we aren't on a mission or just prior to a big mission." She responds after thinking a bit.
"Exactly!" I start sure of my final thought, "Around 80% of the time and you said 'when WWEEEE are on missions' not 'when HHEEEE is own missions'." We continue to talk till for about 30 minutes till we both start falling asleep.

Gajeels POV

The next day

When my bluenete walked into the guild I went to her and asked her what she wanted to do. "I really don't have anything planned." She responded looking down.
As I start to move towards the door Levy followed suite and just kinda staired at me.
"Yes, shrimp? Can I help you?" I say slowing down to let her catch up and get even with me.
"Just think." She says quietly really not into it.
"What about?" I ask really trying to make her feel comfortable.
"Just why you choose me. I mean, there are so many other, and better, choices I really wasn't the best." She asks while having that particular voice doubting herself.
"Why not." I started trying to think of something, "Who else do you know that can create iron to help bring up my magical energy easily?"
"Well, that is true. But for some reason I don't think that's the full reason." Levy says starting to blush.

Levys POV

After walking in silence foerabout 10 minutes

"We're here," Gajeel says snapping out of my chain of thought.
"Wha... here?" I ask confused as all it is is a small clearing in the forest.
"Oh don't worry shrimp," Gajeel starts with a smile growing, "by the time were through, this clearing will be a lot larger."
"Well when do you wanna start. Or more what do you wanna start wit-WOO WOO WHAT ARE YOU DONIG??" I end up screaming.
"Waiting till lunch, a meal always raises my want and energy." Gajeel replys while still on the ground leaning on a tree.
"Well here. Soils Script Magic. IRON!" I yell causing a large amount of iron to fall on top of him in the shape of the word iron.
"Ow. That hurt." He said while trying to lift the piece then biting off a piece.
"Enjoy!" I say sarcastically looking away.

After a long day both are worn out.

I'm about to pass out I think use soils script fire once again and Gajeel easily moves out of he way he can see my tiredness and says. "If your out of power than stop. If not, still stop I can see that you are tired."
"No *huff huff* I can continue." I say trying to use another fire and failing. As I began to blackout I see Gajeel running and screaming my name. Not saying 'shrimp'or 'shorty' but instead he yelled out 'Levy' in a real terrorized voice.

Gajeels POV

As Levy began to fall I scream her real name "LEVY!" After I catch her I do the one thing I know to do. Run to the master. As I run guilt and terror fill me as I feel right next to no magical power going out of Levy I just run faster.