Chapter 2

Tommy awoke the next morning, wings still around Shroud, but in a different room that he did recognize.

    "Hello Hermitcraft, I am back." He said to himself. He sat up, picking up Shroud carefully, and folding in his wings carefully.

    "Tommmmmyyyyyy!" A very familiar voice called, and the sound of beating wings gave Grian away almost instantly.

     "Yes Poultry man?" Tommy said as Grian walked in.

    "How dare you assume such a thing?" Grian replied, faking hurt. Tommy chuckled as Shroud began to wake up, eight different eyes opening all at the same time. Grian's wings twitched on amusement as Tommy had Shroud on his waist, looking through a chest filled with foods and such.

    "You are the Poultry man, you got me in on your Shenanigans last season." Tommy replied, pulling out a slab of cooked mutton and handing it to Shroud, who began eating whilst the two talked.

    "Soooo, how's the rock?" Tommy asked.

    "Which one?" Grian joked, the man then sighed. "The entity's moved to a different place, and my mega base is in quite a good condition, structure wise." Grian explained.

    "Not very clean chest wise?" Tommy responded, smirking, with Shroud proceeding to start playing with Tommy sleeve.

    "How correct you are." Grian sighed, before glancing at the spider hybrid clinging to Tommy's side. "Sooo, who's the kiddo?" The parrot hybrid questioned, wings finally folding in as he sat in a spare chair lying around.

    "Oh! Well, this is Shroud, my kiddo!" Tommy answered, grinning, but a hint of, "hurt my kid and you will die." sat in his voice. Grian smiled, a bit of nervousness creeping up his back. Shroud looked at Grian, curiosity  in his many eyes.

    "Papa, who is that?" Shroud asked, looking up at Tommy for an answer. Tommy smiled.

    "That's Grian, Shroud, he's a friend of mine. He helped me when I got my wings!" Tommy explained. Shroud's eyes lit up with excitement, before scrambling down, the extra spider legs protruding from their back helping them scramble down. They rushed up to Grian, eyes wide.

    "You helped Papa with his wings?!" Shroud exclaimed, scrambling onto a chair beside Grian and making eye contact with all eight eyes. Grian nodded.

    "Yup! He came to Hermitcraft, wings half developed on his back and nearly passed out." Grian chuckled at the thought. Tommy had been so young. "Might I ask, Shroud, how'd you get your eyes and legs?" Grian asked, cocking his head to the side. Bird habits.

    "Oh, well, I was actually in a hybrid shop before I broke out. A strange man in a red suit blew up the back wall and got us all out of our cages. He had elf ears, and brown hair, and a cane. I then ran away until I found a purple rift and jumped in, and then I met Papa and he helped me when it all grew in." Shroud explained. Grian immediately recognized the description of Scar, but the thought that Shroud was in a hybrid shop saddened him. He hated hybrid being sold, Scar was also the same man who saved him from a shop. Scar had started a whole organization for making hybrid shops illegal, for watcher's sake!

    "Interesting. How old are you, Shroud?" Grian asked.

    "Me? I'm six!" Shroud held up six fingers, grinning.

    "Yeah, Shroud was only four when I found them." Tommy commented in the backround whilst heating up some raw beef in the backround. "Want anything, Poultry Man?" He asked.

    "Just some mutton." Grian replied. Tommy nodded.

    "Why does Papa call you Poultry Man?" Shroud asked.

    "Well, Shroud, here's the tale of the Poultry Man..."

    Grian ended up telling the story of how he was the Poultry Man and he would put Chickens in people's houses. Tommy served cooked mutton for Grian, some more cooked mutton for Shroud, and beef for himself. The three chatted around the table, and after ten minutes, Grian got Tommy to agree to have at the least Mumbo meet Shroud for now.

    "Fine, as long as Shroud doesn't get hurt by anything in that crazy man's base." Tommy muttered.

    "He hasn't even finished his base." Grian responded.

    "What."

    "I wanna meet this moustache man!" Shroud exclaimed.

    Little did they know, Shroud was gonna get hurt.