The Question

"Lia, come and take a shot with us." A voice yells over the loud music of the packed club. I stand from the side of the jukebox which I was surprised to see after 15 years and make my way over to the reserved booth the band sits in.

When I approach the table, I'm hit with an engulfing stench of alcohol and subtle hints of cigarette smoke. It doesn't phase me as much anymore, I think every room that I've walked into where the band was somewhat present smelled like a frat party.

Skylar sits at the end of the booth and Jameson slouches in the middle with his head tilted back against the back of the booth. He looks up when he notices my presence and dull, grey eyes glare at me.

Skylar motions for me to sit next to him and I swiftly slide in next to him. He pours a shot for the both of us and with a look of hesitant agreement, we both shoot it back in less than a second. I grimace from the heat that has pooled in the back of my throat and out of the corner of my eye the brunette shakes his head slightly out of discomfort. Shifting my eyes to Grey, his head remains tilted back against the booth. I don't know if his head is empty or racking with thoughts, but I'm about to be in his state of mind if I keep taking these two-dollar shots.

After taking another shot Skylar finally admits, "These are fucking horrible." His eyebrows furrow at the small shot glass in his ring-covered hand and he places it down on the table.

"It's almost like they took battery acid and made it a drink." I purse my lips and he chuckles at my comment.

I've never gotten a close look at Skylar before but, because the only person here is in an absent state of mind, my eyes unknowing wander. I can't lie to you, he's pretty. His hair is a striking Jett black and his eyes match seamlessly. When he looks at you you get that instant rockstar flutter in the pit of your stomach. Tattoos are scattered across his arms and up his neck, a chain lying across his neckpiece. He's also much more respectful of a guy compared to most of the ones I've come across since I moved to NYC. Not to mention, when he looks at you, it's almost like you melt under his gaze with his soft but intimidating expressions.

There is something different between him and Jameson though. Something that draws me to Jameson more. When Skylar looks at you, you know what you're in for, but when Jameson glares at you with that almost, disrespectful, expression, you can't help but be scared of what he has in mind. Who knows what his intentions are and how far he is willing to go to get his way? But I can say that's something I'm beyond scared to discover.

"Lia! Come dance with me, my song is coming on." Izalea's brown eyes beam at me as she runs up to me, reaching for my hand and yanking me out of the booth in the process. I look back in shock, not realizing her strength, and Skylar is chuckling at the blonde's actions.

I grin as the intro of "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado begins to play. Izalea grins at me and all of the sudden, we are in the middle of the dance floor, hidden in a crowd of sweaty bodies that reek of alcohol.

The lights above the blonde and I illuminate the floor, letting us steal glances at each other as we drunkenly dance to the song. My hips move unknowingly to the song as I place my hands on Izalea's shoulders. Both of us find our movement in each other, but that stops when I look over to find Skylar and instead I find Grey.

He isn't slumped over anymore, he's looking more sober than I've ever seen him. He's leaned back in his seat but his head is tilted slightly, eyes focused straight on me. How do I know they are on me? It's almost as if he's staring into my soul with a hint of mischief hidden somewhere in those brown eyes.

The area becomes stuffy and I suddenly don't want to be on the dance floor anymore. Hell, I'd rather be in the tour bus than under the brunette's gaze. I quickly dismiss myself from the floor and walk towards the glass doors that look out to the ocean. Somehow Jameson ended up caving into the boys' request for a beachside bar.