HOW WILL EARTH MEET ITS END?

7.5 billion years later . . .

"And, the last batch of humans has successfully deported Earth."

My eyelids fluttered open. The vision that was blurred into smears slowly returned as my gaze darted towards the giant glass window in front; the enormous, irregularly ellipsoid shape of Earth bounded to greet me.

I must've fallen asleep during our departure. Shuffling on my feet, I swept my blanket off and jumped out of the cream bed to get to the door. There was no door. There's gotta be a way out. With my brows colliding to meet, I randomly lay a hand on the marble screen of the wall and a chunk on the wall slides away. I shouldn't be shock, automatons always had new innovations each day.

I stepped out of the room, my bare feet meeting the cold tiled floor at each every step. Before me is a long metal hallway stretched onwards. A giant metal door stood still when I reached the end of the hall. I placed my palm on the screen at the side and green light scanned my prints, the door screaming open after a quick beep.

My sight surveyed the whole place, finding other fellow humans standing across the wide-ranging hall. Beyond it is an enormous glass gate, bigger than the glass window inside my room. The marble tile is too neat, the reflection of the Earth could be seen on the flooring.

I was about to look back adrift through the glass when I felt hands latching on my arms, almost jolting me up by the sudden surprise.

A female with messy, greasy hair and dark bags under its eyes appeared on my eyesight. Her tight, white latex clothing was ripped and destroyed, though the stitched RAFT 034 was still on clear display. Mine's RAFT 5926. She must be one of the batches who was first transported.

"Please, save — " her words was halted when an automaton, a robot with a human appearance— that is now known as "Humans"— dragged her away from me as she do her best to unclasp the mechanical hands clamping around her.

What was that?

"She's not clean." My head cocked towards the old man on my side, his orbs following the direction of the woman being hauled. My eyes fell on his chest with black patches and silver armor platings: an automaton. "And, anyone who's not clean must undergo a punishment."

Not clean? What does he mean by that?

"RAFT 5926 humans, eyes in front of the glass gate," a voice of an automaton said, it was the man.

Furrowing our eyebrows, all our heads shot at the scenery before us.

"Our amazing planet has been around for quite some time, now. It all started after the collisions of particles in a large cloud of material, and later on, gravity gathered those particles of dust and gas to form larger clumps. And, this was the birth of our planet."

The aircraft swiftly flew further into the exosphere, giving us a clear, faint display of the Earth's surface which grows even smaller each seconds that pass.

"While the public mostly pays attention to the ideal image of Earth printed in books, broadcasted in the internet and filmed in movies, in reality, it shows only a fraction of what must be seen." What does he mean? "To see answers, we must travel back in time."

Suddenly, a three-dimensional hologram was projected across the wide-spaced hall, prompting our heads to instantly dart heavenwards to see the recorded light in the shape of an imperfect sphere.

"Observe the evolution of our planet from billion of years ago up to the present time."

I gulped, the tips of my fingernails freezing for an unknown reason. It's certainly unmanly for me to act this way.