04. (R) Sebastian Vettel

Request imagine for deeznutz7200 

(This was written before the Abu Dhabi 2022 GP)

___________________________________

November 20th 2022, Sebastians last race in F1

  It was an emotional weekend for everyone that knew  and raced with Sebastian. A four time world champion was putting a close to an amazing career. 

"So Sebastian, how are you feeling about your last race" an interviewer asked a few hours before the race

" It's a bitter sweet feeling you know, I have been racing in F1 since 2007 and it has been an amazing experience but Its also time to be with my family" he answered 

" Talking about family, they have come here to support you on your last race" the interviewer pointed out excitedly as she looked over to where I was with the rest of the family.

" Yes, it's amazing that Y/n, my parents and my siblings could be here for this. They have been great supporters and I love that they are here to finish with them" See answered as he turned to look at me  with a smile

I smiled back and turned to continue talking to his parents while we waited for Seb to be over with the interviews.

  A few minutes later See was done answering questions and walked over to us to head to his garage, where we would be watching the race. When we got there we said hi to Lance, his dad and the rest of the Aston Martin team, Seb was just ready to put his helmet on when I walked over to him to wish him luck and give him a kiss.

 The race was beyond exciting, there were no red flags, just two yellow, one from a DNF that George had and an a small accident between Lewis and Max.  Though Max was already out of the race, he had still won the championship, so you could see his team and loved ones congratulating him once he entered the garage. 

But to me and everyone else in the garage, the most exciting lap was the last one. Sebastian was fighting for first place with Checo, yet when the checkered flag was waved he crossed the line a few seconds after Checo.

  Second was still an amazing result and an amazing way to close off his career. The garage was full of celebration, you could hear Seb happiness from the team radio

"That was an amazing race, Loved working with you these two years you have been just amazing. Hope that we get to see you soon here visiting and watching races. You are a legend" His team engineer said 

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you guys. It has been a pleasure and Wish you all the best for next year with Fernando" Seb replied

Before leaving the car  in front of the number 2 at Parc fermé, Seb did some donuts  to celebrate the closing of his amazing career.  We then all went to the podium ceremony and could see that Seb was beyond happy, with the results of that night.  

   As soon as he walked up to the stage ton stand in 2nd place, we hugged Mick who stood in third place, making this his first podium ever in Formula one.  The celebration was Fram from short, and so was the rest of the night because afterwards Sebastian had to go off to do some interviews.

 Once he was done, he made his way back to us with a smile on his face. He first hugged his parents, then his siblings and I was last.

"Thank you for all the support" he whispered

" I will always support you" I said back

(Skip to a year later) 

  It had been a year now since Sebastians last  race in F1 and we were now back in the Abu Dhabi GP for the closing of the 2023 season. 

  We were walking hand in hand to the Ferrari garage as we were Charles guests for the race. Charles was 12 points behind Max for the World title and seeing as Seb was his first teammate at Ferrari, Charles wanted him to be there that night. 

Once we entered the garage, the team gave us a warm welcome and while Seb and Charles talked for a bit I stood with Charlotte as we saw how happy both boys were. 

" He really won't make a come back like Fernando?" Charlotte asked as she saw how happy Seb was to be back in an F1 garage.

" As a races, I don't think so. Maybe in a future he could be Team principal or something. But I don't think he will go back to racing, not with a little one on the way" I answered.

As the words left my mouth, Charlotte turned excitedly to look at me

"You're going to be parents?" She asked with a huge smile on her 

I just nodded smiling and turned to look at Seb who was already looking at me with a smile on his face.

 Soon the race started and Seb was standing next to me as he held my hand and watched his old teammate and race for the last time that year and just like the year before the last lap was the most exciting of all as Max competed for his third consecutive world championship and Charles went for his third.  Like Crofty would say it all came down to the wire and Max and Charles were side by side as they were a few seconds away from the checkered flag.

Those last seconds went by fast and soon, the entire garage erupted in cheers. Charles had done it. He had won the race and became the 2023 F1 world Champion. 

Seb was motioned over to talk on the radio and congratulate Charles on the amazing race

"Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc, you are world Champion! I am so proud of you mate, knew you could make it, congratulations" Seb said

"Thank you Seb, you are an amazing mentor and friend" Charles replied and by the sound of his voice you could tell he had started crying from the excitement

With all the celebration and everything Seb seemed to be happy to be back in the f1 environment. Yet time and time again he had assured me that he was done racing I knew that sooner or later he would be back. Like I told Charlotte, maybe not as a racer but he would be back.

And after seeing Charles win th championship, I was sure that Seb would be back even more