Rooster 2.2

"It's Nat"
_______________________________________

I rushed into the infirmary pushing every door wide open, making them hit the walls with a loud 'bang'.

Hangman was right behind me, following me to Phoenix's room.

I did not stop to speak to the others outside the room. I barged inside to see Phoenix sitting up in her bed speaking with Rooster, who was holding her hand.

Her face was all bruised up, along with a few cuts in places. I didn't see her lower body as she was covered.

Both their heads snapped to me in surprise when I walked inside, both with completely opposite expressions.

"Natasha!" I shouted with tears in my eyes and my voice breaking. I made a move towards her, but immediately stopped as I heard Rooster's angry voice.

"What are you doing back here?!" He stood up, walking towards me.

"Bradley!" Natasha said, her voice stopping him half way.

I took my chance and ran past him over to her, throwing my arms around her shoulders.

"Nat, oh my God!"

"How are you, Nadia?" she asked.

"How am I? How are you?" I said, but before she had a chance to answer I desperately blurted out "I am so sorry, Nat. I didn't mean to hit you I-"

-"Ghost..."
-"was just trying to-"
-"Ghost"
-"to get out of the way, I-"
-"Ghost!"

I finally stopped when she called my name.

"I'm fine. You have nothing to apologise for" she said calmly.

Ignoring the scoff I heard behind me, I opposed;

"Nothing to- I flew into you, I caused your crash!"

"No, I caused the crash. I reacted too slow and-"

"But it's not your fault, I could've went the other way!"

"Then you would've crashed into Maverick"

I began thinking of something else to say, but before I could she continued;

"It doesn't matter anymore. I will be fine and back at work in no time, and Bob is..." her face changed from happy, as much as it can be in a situation like this, to worried. "How is Bob?"

She looked between me and Rooster. I was about to answer when he interrupted me.

"He's fine. The worst he's got is a broken arm in three places" he replied, then looked at me, "which is what you'll have if you don't get out"

I heard the anger in his voice rise with every word.

"Bradley!" Natasha shouted reproachfully.

"No, it's okay Natasha. I'll... I'll leave"

I looked at her with an apologetic expression and stood up from my leaning position without another word. Her eyes were focused on Rooster, so I turned away. Before I managed to fully close the door behind me, I heard her voice again,

"What the fuck was that?!"

Rooster shouted back, but I didn't hear what he said as the door closed with a click.

"How is she?" Maverick asked.

I look up and notice everyone sitting and waiting for news. Bob was among them, in between Fanboy and Payback.

"She's..." I wanted to say that she is okay, but that did not feel like the right word. "She's awake"

A few of the guys let out relieved breaths.