TWO

| TWO |

Wednesday, September 30th

Ariadne began her day just like always. Her mother hadn't come home since their argument the other day, though she was used to it, she feared for her mother's well-being.

Ariadne entered the school and was stunned as she saw Karen's spirit queen campaign posters vandalized, she pursed her lips appalled as she noticed Imogen's face was now plastered on the walls as well. 

With an unconcerned breath, she went about her day.

Before she reached her locker she was called out. "Ariadne, my office. now!"

She rolled her eyes at the tone of Principal Clanton's voice. She spun on her heel to face him, she adjusted the bag on her shoulder and entered his office, Clanton shut the door behind them.

"Yes?"

"What time did you leave school yesterday?" Principal Clanton queried as he took a seat behind his desk.

"Oh, I'm not sure. I was at volleyball practice so. . . late, I guess," Ariadne uttered confused at the topic.

Principal Clanton rummaged through his desk drawers and brought out a gold bracelet with her initial on it, he held it to her. "Is this yours?"

"Yes. . . where did you— how did you get this?" Ariadne questioned disturbed, she hadn't worn that bracelet in months and it had been kept inside her jewelry box since.

"This morning we found this in the school gym," He revealed a photo to Ariadne. A life-sized doll dressed up as Karen had a volleyball net wrapped around its neck as it dangled, red paint all over the doll symbolizing blood, Ariadne gulped at the sight.

"Oh my god. . . who would do this?"

"The team says you are always the last one to leave practice, is that right?"

"Yeah, but I didn't see—," Ariadne began but hesitated when she comprehended what the principal meant. "Wait, no. I didn't do this."

"Karen accused you, and this bracelet— which you already confirmed is yours —was found in the volleyball net." 

"No! That's not possible because I didn't do it. Someone must've placed it there," Ariadne denied frantically.

"Who?"

"I. . . Karen. It must've been Karen!" Ariadne affirmed angrily, the principal sighed.