I wanna turn this one into a book.

A/N: This is a prologue. 

I was awakened by the sound of my mother's screams. Shooting up, I ran out of my room to see what the problem was... A foolish mistake. A man stood before my mother, holding an axe and my father's head.

He seemed to be taunting her, flaunting the fact that he killed my father. "Why did you do this? Why did you kill your father?! My son, James!" My mother cried out in despair. I gasped, my brother was the one to do this? Why did he... I don't understand...

This feeling, what is it? My chest is pounding, it's as if my heart is a steed, galloping through a field. My body seems to be moving against my will. Shaking like a cold winter's night, a liquid runs down my face.

Suddenly, there's an object in my hand.

My body races forward, tears blurring my vision as I close them. The object pierced through something and a warm, thick liquid runs down my hand. A scream rang through the air, one that did not belong to a man, but one of a woman's. Laughing begins. I finally open my eyes to see, my hand holding a knife, blood spilling out of my mother's body. A puddle formed on the ground, the liquid drenching me.

My body feels numb as I drop to the ground, sobs racking my body. I vaguely recognize being picked up and carried, only to be set on a soft area shortly after. I could hear someone rummaging through things, cursing softly while chuckling. Another person's voice resonated through the room. "James! What did you do to this poor boy?! He's all bloodied and pouring his eyes out." It was a female's voice, a young one, probably my brother's age.

"Carlene, calm down. He's in shock, I think." My brother's voice sounded out; strangely enough, it soothed me just a little. "Well, who is he? You said you came here for someone, is he it?" A voice snapped sharply. "He is, you'll get introduced later." I felt movement to my side, someone gently shaking me.

"Finn? Buddy, can you hear me? If you can, we have to leave. You're coming with me, your big brother James." I leaned into his side as I couldn't speak yet. I could feel someone picking me up and start walking. We left the house where the bodies of our deceased parents lay.