Prank

"So, are you in or what?"

"You've convinced me. I'm in."

Needless to say, neither Dream nor George had any idea that their harmless prank was going to turn into a month-long endeavor of fake dating.

For context, George is the one to blame here. You see, when Sapnap had come to visit him in England back in March, he had started a prank war of sorts with George. The pranks were stupid and predictable at first, but as Sapnap's stay kept getting extended because of his ear infections, they suddenly had time to make the pranks into elaborate productions.

They had left off on a stalemate, neither of them getting to complete their final prank before Sapnap was well enough to fly back to the states. George knew that Sapnap had probably forgotten all about their little prank war, but he sure hadn't.

So that led us here, with George roping Dream into his grand kick off into the second season of his and Sapnap's prank-off.

"Just, explain it one more time for me?" Dream asked with a laugh. Truthfully, he understood the plan the first time George said it, but watching George light up with excitement every time he got to explain his elaborate plan all over again was worth the time.

"Okay, okay. When I get there, boom, we act like we've been a couple this entire time. Like, for years. We don't address it until Sapnap calls us out on it but then we spin it on him. We just gaslight the fuck out of him, saying he's being an ass and to stop acting like he didn't know about us. Just when he's feeling totally insane, I give it four days- tops, we get him to admit that he's an idiot for not realizing. Then we tell him he's really an idiot for actually falling for it!" George finished, laughing hysterically by the end of it.

"Okay, I've got it." Dream nodded, laughing along with George.

It was still surreal to even be on FaceTime with George- to have George know what he looked like, let alone the fact George would be moving in in three days. He was more thankful and relieved than he expected to be that George took him up on his offer to get the face reveal out of the way before he arrived. 

"This is going to be epic." George said through another laugh, falling over into his bed.

"Wait, what are we going to do though? Like how are we going to make him think we're a couple?" Dream asked after letting George get settled into bed. He had quickly learned it always took George a few minutes to plug in his phone and get comfortable.

Staying on FaceTime until they fell asleep had quickly become a routine for them since the first night George called two weeks ago.

"Pfft. You act like you've never been in a relationship before." George rolled his eyes with a scoff. "Just, I don't know, act like you're my boyfriend." George let out an abrupt laugh just hearing the words.

"See- you don't know what to do either!" Dream justified, climbing into bed himself.

"Okay, game plan. Have Sapnap get me from the airport and have some ridiculous surprise all planned out for when I get home. I'm talking roses, I'm talking balloons, I'm talking you in a suit-"

"A suit?" Dream interrupted, laughing.

"No boyfriend of mine is meeting me for the first time in sweatpants." George said with a completely straight face. He quickly lost grasp of his seriousness, bursting out into another wave of laughter.

"Fine, I'll get a suit." Dream rolled his eyes despite the smile growing on his face. "What about after the 'surprise'? Then what do we do?" Dream asked, tapping the space between his chest and where his phone was propped up on his nightstand, inviting Patches to come lay with him.