awakening

Paintbrush had sat there with Lightbulb for about an hour now, every so often checking her pulse. She had developed blisters all over her hands and thighs. Even a few third degree burns.

"Come on Lightbulb! Wake up!" Paintbrush was getting hungry, so they left lightbulb alone. They didn't want to, but it was better than starving.

Paintbrush had seemed calm about the whole situation. But in reality they weren't.

Paintbrush had noticed that while they were gone, Lightbulb had moved over. "Does this mean you're awake?" Paintbrush said as they got in the bed and sat next to her. They shook her, in hopes that she would move over again. She didn't exactly move, but instead cracked a smile! Paintbrush carefully watched her. They laid down next to her and fell asleep eventually though.

                   LIGHTBULBS POV:

The room was spinning, and so was my head. What happened? I tried to open my eyes, but they were forced shut by the light. I felt around me and..painty? Maybe they can tell me what happened! I still can't open my eyes so I attempt to pull the blanket over my head so it would drown out the bright light.

I get my eyes open and shake Paintbrushes shoulders, it's not long before they wake up.

_______________________________

"H-Huh?" Paintbrush questioned as they looked around and found a lump underneath the covers at the end of the bed. "Hey painty! Mind turning off the light?" "Lightbulb? You're awake?" Paintbrush joined Lightbulb at the end of the bed and gave her a hug. Lightbulb was confused. "Go turn off the light?" Paintbrush apologized and ran over to the light switch.

Lightbulb emerged from the curtains and went over to the bathroom, she looked in the mirror and saw the crack on the top of her head. Lightbulb felt the crack and began tearing up. She felt ugly. Lightbulb grabbed one of Paintbrushes hats and placed it on her head. She started to feel better.

"What's the hat for?" Paintbrush asked as they giggled at the sight. "You're inside you know?"

Lightbulb replied, "it's to cover up the crack on my head!"

"Why, what's wrong with the crack? Its like a battle scar." Paintbrush went up and grabbed the hat off of Lightbulbs head. They placed it on one of the taller shelves she couldn't reach.

"I'll tell you what's wrong with it. Its ugly! And it makes me look ugly too."

Paintbrush went over and kissed the crack on Lightbulbs head.

"It's anything but ugly."