Jamie} Never Let Me Go

Summary: The reader has separation anxiety and wakes up alone.

You sit up, stretching your arms and yawning. Looking at the space next to you, you realise that Jamie's not there. 

You touch the sheets. They're cold; he must have left a while ago.

The familiar feeling of dread pools up in your stomach and you will for it to loosen. You scramble out of your room, checking the apartment frantically.

"Jamie!" You call, panic clear in your voice now. "Jamie, where are you?"

After still no reply, thoughts become stronger in your head, and you feel nausea overwhelm you.

Has he finally noticed what a pain you are, that he'll always have to deal with your constant anxiety? Has Jamie actually realised that you're not good enough for him?

"I'm not. I'm sorry. " You choke out, sinking to your knees. Your surroundings blur and the only thing that you can think is that he's left you, and no one can help. Violent sobs rack your body, and you begin to shake. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!"

You don't know how long it's been, but suddenly delicate hands grip your shoulders, pulling you into a a warm hug. 

"No darling," A voice says softly, disrupting your panicking state. "I'm  sorry Y/N, I didn't realise."

It's Jamie. He's back.

For some reason, this makes you cry more. You sink into his warm embrace, but the adrenaline is still high in your body, and the aftershock of anxiety washes over you.

Tears keep rolling down your face, your sobs erupting with every breath you take.

"Shhh," Jamie whispers. "It's alright, I've got you."

"J-jami-ie  i- I'm-m." You try to say, choking on the words.

"It's okay," Your boyfriend says again. "Let's make it easier."

You nod.

His rich voice warms your entire body. "What are three things you can feel?"

"Your sh-shirt, th-the wall, and the floor."

"Good girl. Three things you can see?" He rubs your back soothingly.

"Your h-hair, the fridge, a-and the ceil-ling." 

"Three things you can hear?"

You try to take a deep breath. "Y... your voice, your h-heartbeat, and the AC." you whisper, voice only quavering slightly.

Jamie leans back, wiping the tears from your face. "Brilliant."

He stands up and leads you to the couch. "I'm sorry Y/N." He whispers. "I was getting groceries and didn't realise how bad traffic would be."

You nod, snuggling into his chest. "It's okay. I just- I'm just scared you'll realise I'm not good enough for y-you..." You break off with a hiccup.

Jamie tenses. "What? You're not good enough for me? Darling you're perfect, even with all your ups and downs. It's what makes you human, and I love  you for that."

You feel your heart warm. "I love you too."

Jamie kisses your forehead. "I can't express how sorry I am, but it broke my heart seeing you like that. If it means anything- I'm holding you now."

A smile brushes your lips. "Then never let me go."

"

AN:   Whew. I think I may have self projected a little  there, but I hope you enjoyed. If you haven't noticed, this is a collection of fluff, and I might add angst - who knows. Please vote if you liked it, it always helps.

--The Author xx